Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All Conference

Go down 
+36
Neenahlax2
Battleaxe
thecorster1234
Lax11
JSummer
snhu21
gbpackers12
laxmehard
Hugo43
CrownLaxer
gfields5
Butters
Green Bay Rep
tdarcy
Guru
thedamnedfan
The Big Dipper
badingin
Nate
tidbits
HockeyandLax
Lefty019
s1erra 7i2
JordanEC23
RiDE
GBLax
kmlax26
krks34
MUHS #30
bigpattyboy36
Jack
DwinsChamps
SiouxLax
Jaron
ahsgoalie1
Keeper33
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Butt

All Conference - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:35 pm

I know, I was just clarifying the situation of them saying they were better than us. I really don't care about that to be honest. I've won state (twice), NDA has never. That helps me sleep at night, hah.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:41 pm

Everyone c'mon stop being so angry! Wang chung tonight.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Keeper33 wrote:
The Butters wrote:
That was like 5 years ago. Notre Dame said they were too good to play us (Verona) then we tricked them in to coming down and we were supposed to play a game and have a friendly bbq. Well they came down, Verona destroyed them, and they ran away without partaking in the bbq. Poor sports to say the least. In reference to allowing who in to the conference and what not, my only problem is when people such as keeper proclaim bay val to be impenetrable to mistakes and that they're doing all they can to grow the game. That's a problem when teams aren't being allowed to play, and it's players who have to speak up because 9 times out of 10 the parents or people in control are clueless. (If you want a long rant on pretty much everyone in power in this state I'd be willing to do it in PM but not on the forum). And anytime I make a reference about bay val being not as physical, well, if you ever play a team, and they stop the game mid way because you "hit too hard." Well then you'll understand.

they woulda been like a second maybe 3rd year team then

To clarify, everyone would have been a second, maybe 3rd year team at the point, including Verona.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Verona would have been a second year team if I'm doing my math correctly.
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm

Quote :
That was like 5 years ago. Notre Dame said they were too good to play us (Verona) then we tricked them in to coming down and we were supposed to play a game and have a friendly bbq. Well they came down, Verona destroyed them, and they ran away without partaking in the bbq. Poor sports to say the least. In reference to allowing who in to the conference and what not, my only problem is when people such as keeper proclaim bay val to be impenetrable to mistakes and that they're doing all they can to grow the game. That's a problem when teams aren't being allowed to play, and it's players who have to speak up because 9 times out of 10 the parents or people in control are clueless. (If you want a long rant on pretty much everyone in power in this state I'd be willing to do it in PM but not on the forum). And anytime I make a reference about bay val being not as physical, well, if you ever play a team, and they stop the game mid way because you "hit too hard." Well then you'll understand

I dont think you "Tricked" them, or could you explain what dose that mean. Also in ND defense because we played them and i have friends on the team. How big is Verona HS anyway and were to you get our players form. because i know ND has only About 600 students. And Green Bay is a long bus ride home and maybe did not have the time to stay. Also it is kind of hard to get good Athletes when their football coach tells his players they cant play for him and play lacrosse. I know this because my friend quit football to play. AND trust me i watch a SW game and Harrison can hit. and it it not just him. but if you watch lacrosse out east there is a lot less hitting and a lot better dodging and checking
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:41 pm

When I said "tricked" I was being sarcastic, don't worry, there was no foul play. Verona HS? I'm not sure, but we also weren't the ones who said "you're not worth it, we're better than you." There would have been no issue had there been just a victory on Verona's part. It's when Notre Dame shows up pretending to attend our bbq, Verona stocks for such numbers, then after they're beat quite handily, they fled out of frustration. I believe that's called low class. And trust me, Verona was far closer than any other team in the state during those years to playing at the caliber of an east coast team, playing style and talent wise. It wasn't until our one black player (who had racial slurs thrown at him all game from players and students on the sidelines) completely wrecked one of Southwest's players with a legal hit, that the game was stopped.
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:43 pm

Oh ya what was the score between Verona and ND. AND didnt you guys have a really good coach who coaches a denver now.
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:49 pm

Quote :
It wasn't until our one black player (who had racial slurs thrown at him all game from players and students on the sidelines) completely wrecked one of Southwest's players with a legal hit, that the game was stopped.

That is beause the SW Parents and Students are Dicks thats why I left.
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:50 pm

Still don't see where you're trying to get at GBLax...
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 pm

Quote :
Still don't see where you're trying to get at GBLax...

I dont know what kind of team they were back then. but teams can change and that is not like the ND I know now. My friend is always trying to sell me candy because the bearly have enough money to pay for the buses to wausau. If it were up to me every team would play everyone over a four or five year period. But I guess it is kind of hard when you have to scrap for money to play confrenece games.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:06 pm

GBLax wrote:

I dont think you "Tricked" them, or could you explain what dose that mean. Also in ND defense because we played them and i have friends on the team. How big is Verona HS anyway and were to you get our players form. because i know ND has only About 600 students. And Green Bay is a long bus ride home and maybe did not have the time to stay. Also it is kind of hard to get good Athletes when their football coach tells his players they cant play for him and play lacrosse. I know this because my friend quit football to play. AND trust me i watch a SW game and Harrison can hit. and it it not just him. but if you watch lacrosse out east there is a lot less hitting and a lot better dodging and checking

I dont think what size school you are really matters in lacrosse anyway, aren't they a private school?

In St.Louis there are private schools with maybe 700 kids who would wreck at lacrosse, and dominate 3000 student public schools. It really does not matter, especially if you are a private school, where you have more of an advantage because you can bring in students from anywhere you want, and are not restricted to boundries.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:06 pm

GBLax wrote:
Oh ya what was the score between Verona and ND. AND didnt you guys have a really good coach who coaches a denver now.
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now. King was far from a really good coach. I believe he's doing the same thing for Denver that he was for Wisconsin, which is film editing. He's listed as an Assistant coach because he does film specifically for the lacrosse team. Sweet job, I'll give him that, but he is FAR from a really good coach. Trust me. And yes I'll concur SW kids were not cool back then. But like I said, it's in the past, I don't really care anymore.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Jaron wrote:
GBLax wrote:

I dont think what size school you are really matters in lacrosse anyway, aren't they a private school?

In St.Louis there are private schools with maybe 700 kids who would wreck at lacrosse, and dominate 3000 student public schools. It really does not matter, especially if you are a private school, where you have more of an advantage because you can bring in students from anywhere you want, and are not restricted to boundries.

remember though NDA does not recruit for Lax

scrapping money together for bus rides? they must not do as good a job fundraising as in the past though they no longer have an associate principle as their coach
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 3:39 am

We had a minister as our coach, who had only ever played college ball.

We got no money from the school, and drove our own cars anywhere we needed to go.

We payed for everything ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 11:34 am

s1erra 7i2 wrote:
We had a minister as our coach, who had only ever played college ball.

We got no money from the school, and drove our own cars anywhere we needed to go.

We payed for everything ourselves.

It wasnt any different anywhere else. We drove ourselves everywhere, we fundraised so we could get jerseys, we went through 2 coaches in 3 years, neigher of whom had ever picked up a lacrosse stick.

Beleive me, you werent alone.
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 11:41 am

he's right. this year we were very lucky and had 3 coaches. two had played collegiate lax(one at uw whitewater and the other at iowa and whitewater), and some intern at one coache's office that plays for virginia tech. But at pretty much anywhere in the state except for the few schools that are WIAA.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 1:02 pm

tidbits wrote:
he's right. this year we were very lucky and had 3 coaches. two had played collegiate lax(one at uw whitewater and the other at iowa and whitewater), and some intern at one coache's office that plays for virginia tech. But at pretty much anywhere in the state except for the few schools that are WIAA.

nobody's WIAA yet.... we're moving in the right direction, but it will be another 5-10 years before the WIAA picks up this east-coast sport. we need what? at least 60 teams? 75 teams? to be WIAA backed? a few schools may give their lacrosse players Varsity Letters(of which i am extremely jealous), but those schools are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Well Waunakee and Wausau are essentially WIAA, in the sense they have to follow all of their rules since they're a school sport and school sponsored. Whereas teams like Verona are just considered a school club sport and we get letters, which is very over rated.
Back to top Go down
ahsgoalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 4:21 pm

arrowhead is pretty much the same way as waunakee and wausau...we have to follow all of the WIAA rules and all that crap...we also get varsity letters for being on the team but to do that we have to follow the school's code of conduct and athletic code which isn't really that big a deal except last year it got a couple of our players suspended
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 11:20 pm

same with Bay Port
we get letters, and follow athletic code but are considered club sport
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 1:04 am

we get 'reverse' letters b/c we're a club.... its the same letters that debate, mock trial,forensics and chorus get.... no fair .... and you wonder why guys will stop playing lacrosse when baseball starts .... the leakers go off and earn their letter in baseball while leaving their lacrosse teammates high and dry .... i really wish Marquette would give out legit Varsity letters - it would give us somthing to really care about and fight for.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 1:57 am

Hey, a reverse letter is better than no letter. Here at Stoughton, the schools could give two poops about us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 3:08 am

ahs is considerd a varsity sport, so we get varsity letters and all that other stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 6:01 pm

We're probably not going to be able to letter or even reverse letter until the athletic director we got retires or gets fired because he's been trying to eliminate us since we got started.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 6:08 pm

seems like the majority of Athletic directors hate lacrosse, idk why
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   All Conference - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

All Conference
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: