Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008

Go down 
+43
laxmehard
SB
LAXOFFICIAL
elfman5
gfields5
flow936
Neenahlax2
Ron Mexico
s1erra 7i2
WausauLax49
KevinBice
Umich2KM
Butters
madhater
veronalax33
Milwaukeelax25
Coach_Goldberg
DwinsChamps
foxmotox643
bigpattyboy36
mkexlax
SiouxLax
Hugo43
kmlax26
snhu21
RiDE
Coach Karstaedt
mmhs089
schnirro4
Guru
Jack
Lefty019
krks34
Jaron
Hummel18
tidbits
Nate
MUHS #30
relicdavis
thedamnedfan
madhater2
St. Michael
packleader
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
WausauLax49
Rookie
Rookie
WausauLax49

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:30 pm

hey nate i guess your right about this snow melting.... haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.wausaulacrosse.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 11:50 pm

WausauKeeps49 wrote:
hey nate i guess your right about this snow melting.... haha

It's cuz i'm amazing man. What can I say
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
WausauLax49
Rookie
Rookie
WausauLax49

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:34 am

yea... the snow is starting to melt here... were suposta get alot tonight and tomorrow morning.... I HATE SNOW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wausaulacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 am

Yeah Im in Wisconsin right now, so much snow on the ground compared to Kansas City.

But we got a 1/4 inch like saturday, gone now... who knows how hot today. Got to see a little bit of Stoughton today, deffinately impressed compared to last year. I think they will be preforming alot better than last year, new coaching seems to be riding them alot on breaking old habits. Because everyone knows Stoughton was known as hack and slashers... what can I say, I did do it quite a bit when I was a wee one.
Back to top Go down
Neenahlax2
Rookie
Rookie
Neenahlax2

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:53 am

What other teams from the Bay-val r goin to be contending for it this year?
Back to top Go down
flow936
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 10:23 pm

I think a lot of people, are under estimating how good marquette is gonna be this year, they lost 2 seniors, and for one of them it was his first year playing. They probably have THE most talented team in the state, it just depends on how they mesh and play together. Garrett Fields who is playing at Kenyon next year is sick, and sophmore sean gebhard is already getting some DII and even DI looks, along with a lot of other kids who have been solid contributers on varsity since freshman year
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 pm

That's my point when I say Marquette won't be as good as the hype is. They are the SAME team as last year. They were good, but nothing amazing. Unless something drastically changed, that is my opinion of Marquette until I see them play. Fields is good, played with him on select.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:07 am

Drastic changes are completely possible.

Wanaukee pulled a massive 180. They went from one of the low end teams, loosing to teach such as Stoughton, Lafolette and Verona, to throwing down a large goal differential the very next season.
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Neenahlax2 wrote:
What other teams from the Bay-val r goin to be contending for it this year?

I think Bay Port should be one of the top teams in the bayval also wausau and neenah. the middle is up in the air with us(metro) Notre dame, Appleton, and maybe Depere.
Back to top Go down
Neenahlax2
Rookie
Rookie
Neenahlax2

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Ya bay port should be good because they have been playin all winter and wausau will have a good defense. What schools make up metro preble, east, and west?
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Neenahlax2 wrote:
Ya bay port should be good because they have been playin all winter and wausau will have a good defense. What schools make up metro preble, east, and west?

yea and ashwaubenon. all the schools in green bay that dont have lacrosse teams. and west depere goes with De pere
Back to top Go down
flow936
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 8:45 pm

AHSlax21 wrote:
That's my point when I say Marquette won't be as good as the hype is. They are the SAME team as last year. They were good, but nothing amazing. Unless something drastically changed, that is my opinion of Marquette until I see them play. Fields is good, played with him on select.

How can you say a team is the same after a whole year when half the team played summer league and select, obviously people are going to get better and develope especially being with one of marquettes best players being a freshman last year, all im saying is i think marquette will surprise a lot of people that think they are going to be just like last year
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 8:49 pm

The team is the same as in it's the same people...of course they will get better, but so will every other team. So in respect to everyone else, they will prob be at the same level they were last year. I'm not saying they are bad at all, they were a solid crew. I'm just saying they aren't going to win every game with their eyes shut like everyone is making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:24 pm

I strongly agree with AHSlax21, Marquette is a good team, they always are, and im sure they will be one of the teams fighting for the Mayla crown at the end of the year, but I don't believe they have anything different from last year that should make anyone think "Undefeated" or "state champs." Now if they get the chemistry part down, that could make a lot of good things happen for them, along with many other schools, but I still believe Arrowhead *defending champs* are the team to beat, even though they lost their D, they still had a strong O... a good enough O to lead them to 18 victorys (No loses to wisconsin teams.)

I also think, if Eastside can get more production out of their role players *anyone other than Joe* they can be up near the top of the ranks as well, along with KM, if they can get a D together and actually play as a team.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 12:22 am

AHSlax21 wrote:
The team is the same as in it's the same people...of course they will get better, but so will every other team. So in respect to everyone else, they will prob be at the same level they were last year. I'm not saying they are bad at all, they were a solid crew. I'm just saying they aren't going to win every game with their eyes shut like everyone is making it out to be.

i totally agree with this statement righ there in bold..... any MUHS player reading these forums should take this to heart.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Here's my two cents on what's all going down in Milwaukee in 2008:

MALL '08:

Arrowhead: Top 3 in MALL
My Prediction: t#3

Following impressive state championship run in the program’s second year, the Warhawks seem to be in a rebuilding year, though the Arrowhead faithful would argue otherwise. Defensively, Arrowhead loses the entirety of their back line along with stellar goalie Schweitzer (not positive about spelling). Despite huge losses due to graduation, the Warhawks return a large amount of their offense, namely Ferris and Grimes. Grimes is a big middie that uses his size and strength to get quality opportunities from up top.

Brookfield: Bottom of MALL
My Prediction: #7

Consistently one of the weaker teams in conference, Brookfield looks to finally break through. Senior attackman Parker Hollowell heads up the offense in his final year.

Eastside: Top 3 in MALL
My Prediction: t#3

While historically not considered one of the better teams in Milwaukee, Eastside has turned it around in the past years. Star midfielder Joe Botticelli is one of if not the best midfielder in the state. Along with Botticelli, Eastside returns Kyle Franzen, an underrated middie who has a big shot from the outside, and their all-conference LSM.

Kettle Moraine: Top 3 in MALL
My Prediction: #2

In it’s inaugural season, KM proved to Wisconsin that they could play. In 2008, the lazers seem to be one of the top dark horse teams in the state. KM returns almost the entirety of varsity team, included Zach Nichols, an attackman that will play DI lacrosse for Detroit Mercy next year.

Marquette: Top 3 in MALL
My Prediction: #1

Following a disappointing 2007 season, the more seasoned Hilltoppers look to make an impact in 08. Fortunately for Marquette, they return all but one of their attackmen, including talented sophomore Sean Gebhard. At the midfield, the Hilltoppers return all of their top three midfield lines, including leading scorer Tom Casper. Defensively, senior LSM Garrett Fields returns to lead an experienced back line.

Northshore: Bottom of the MALL
My Prediction: #6

Not gunna lie, I don’t know much about the Northshore this year. They lose a lot to graduation, including their top midfielder Andy Krikulas (I know I butchered the name, I apologize), so expect Northshore to be on a rebuilding year.

USM: Middle of the MALL
My Prediction: #5

A big, brutal team full of football players it seems. USchool returns a strong core at the midfield, including DIII football recruit Pat Downey that has the size to plow through defenders and the stick skills to back it up (hopefully he can stay out of the box) along with their all-conference midfielder Sam Kreig.

Top picks: Arrowhead, Eastside, KM, and Marquette

Last edited by gfields5 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 pm

I can agree with those statements but I will say the top four teams of the MALL will be very close...to the point where it can go to any of the teams(AHS, MUHS, KM, Eastside).
Back to top Go down
elfman5
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:42 am

Our half of the conference has been written off as the "middleton" bracket. I would just like to know why other teams aren't being considered. I have only heard talk about middleton and Hummell. Any other opinions?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:41 am

elfman5 wrote:
Our half of the conference has been written off as the "middleton" bracket. I would just like to know why other teams aren't being considered. I have only heard talk about middleton and Hummell. Any other opinions?

What team do you play for?

I have played only a few Madison teams last year, so I can't really say anything.
Back to top Go down
LAXOFFICIAL
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Bay Valley- Prediction   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Based on the start to the season and my scouting, here is how it should shake out.

1. Wausau
2. Neenah
3. Bayport
4. Appleton
5. Notre Dame
6. DePere (may go up based on how they perform this weekend at wausau)
7, Green Bay Metro
8. Menasha
9. Green Bay Southwest
10. Oneidas

Wausau plays Neenah for Conference Championship. Game will be closer than most expect as Neenah always peaks late in the season.

Wausau as conference champs in a close one. They have just too strong a defense.

Wausau to play either Middleton or Waunakee in the Semis.
Back to top Go down
SB
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:25 pm

its going to come down to arrowhead or marquette or waunkee
Back to top Go down
laxmehard
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:54 am

or middleton, i wudnt count them out
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:20 am

From what i have heard/seen,

Middleton, Waunakee, Marquette, and Arrowhead are all even contenders..
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:27 am

i wouldnt count out SP
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:34 am

Yea i was thinking that too.. but arn't they in waunakee's conference? i may be wrong idk... but waunakee has beat them pretty easily both games this year.

correct me if im wrong about the teams' conference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next