Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New teams for '08

Go down 
+6
relicdavis
thedamnedfan
RiDE
foxmotox643
MUHS #30
SiouxLax
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 1:39 pm

So who knows what schools are getting teams for '08?

In the Milwaukee area I think Waukesha and Oconomowoc are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Thats what i heard. I also thought that Heritage Christian might bump up to a varsity schedule. Go figure
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Well breaking news Oconomowoc may not have a team due to lack of people.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 1:50 pm

that bites, maybe they could work something out like stoughton/oregon so that the ppl who want to play will have a chance.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Wouldn't work...Oconomowoc is out on it's own, the only high schools that are close would be Arrowhead
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 3:11 pm

How far is it? Oregon and McFarland are about 15 minutes from where Stoughton practices and plays. I mean, if its not any further than a half an hour drive from the HS, I would say its worth the drive.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 3:40 pm

closest high school by them that doesn't have a team already is prob 30+ mins away.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 4:30 pm

That sucks, when i was wrestling at Oconomowoc, i saw a good stock of shafts, must be played in gym.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Its sad that number are holding kids back from playing, I would think that kids would put up with a little travel to play if they enjoyed it enough to try to form a team.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:40 pm

well thing is Oconomowoc would run it through their high school much like AHS, KM, Marquette, etc are run...meaning that you would have to be a student at the high school to play. I personally like this style way more because the more actual high school teams we have the closer the sport will be to WIAA. There needs to be like 50-60 high school teams before it can be WIAA. Club teams made up of multiple high schools don't count.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:45 pm

It has a lot more to do with $ than with the number of teams.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:10 pm

That also, but until we hit that number that is needed...there's not a chance of it becoming WIAA. So first things first.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:14 pm

From what I understand, we have the requisite number of boys teams to qualify for a sanctioned varsity sport. The issue preventing us from doing this is that the girls' game in the state has experienced slower growth than the boys did and still haven't reached the magic number.

After the number of teams for both sexes meets or exceeds this number, they have to make sure that they'd get enough teams to switch from club to varsity once the switch happened. In Minnesota, about 2/3 of the teams went varsity when the sport went varsity. As Mike said, the main issue for schools here is funding - if they add men's lacrosse, they also have to add a women's sport, meaning that funding becomes twice the issue it otherwise would have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 11:13 pm

The way I see it keep the format how it is...it's a school/state sanctioned club sport. Keep it self funded and everything, just like hockey. That way schools don't have to pay for anything other than field space/maintence. That's how it is at Arrowhead. We are a Varsity club sport...we pay for everything except field costs which the school now covers since we got a field on campus.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 pm

I agree with you AHS school/state sanctioned club sport, our hockey team is both Janesville's hs, along with our lax team. But its mainly dominated by one hs, craig, but we also are picking up a few kids from schools that don't have lacrosse. Its like a D3 wrestling team. Evansville teams up with smaller schools, etc. As for WIAA, I wont be here when that does, if ever happens. So i don't really want to push for it. I like how it is now. Power lax.com does a nice job with information, state is ran nicely, refs are all good. The only thing that bothers me is giving out letters. At our school no letters can be given out for lacrosse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 1:02 am

AHS gets letters and a spot in the yearbook.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 1:36 am

Lucky, I wish I could have been in the yearbook for lacrosse, that would be dope.

I had to settle for getting like one article writen about us in the school paper.
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Well its not final yet, but as of now they do not have enough people. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 12:27 pm

AHSlax21 wrote:
closest high school by them that doesn't have a team already is prob 30+ mins away.

well if they can keep the people who want to play playing, next year they will have a better chance at reforming there program. if its about numbers, having people quit is bad for everyone. More what i meant is they could play with a diffrent school for the season, not necessarily form a new program at a school that doesnt have one, although that would add more players. dieing programs are bad for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-05-12

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Anyone from BayVal on here? Are they going to add any teams?
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Coach_Goldberg wrote:
Anyone from BayVal on here? Are they going to add any teams?

yea i play for GB metro. us and De Pere add teams this year. both now members of the BayVal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New teams for '08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New teams for '08   New teams for '08 Empty

Back to top Go down

New teams for '08
Page 1 of 1