Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

News of any new Varsity Teams this year?

Go down 
+10
LaxRat4
WausauLax49
krks34
bigpattyboy36
Jaron
northshorelax37
SiouxLax
Nate
relicdavis
Umich2KM
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

News of any new Varsity Teams this year? Empty
PostSubject: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 5:47 pm

I believe the rule is that any team that has had a JV for a year, and has enough players to field two teams must have a JV and Varsity. If that be the case, Waukesha, Westside, Kenosha and Heritage Christian would be apart of the varsity Mayla conference. To add to that Ive also heard rumors that Cedarburg, Germantown, and Franklin could be getting teams this year. I cannot confirm that, nor do I have any clue if they would be Varsity in their first year...
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't think they need enough to field a full varsity and jv team. But yes their first year is JV only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 pm

I always thought that you needed to be a JV for one year only in the MALA?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:12 pm

relicdavis wrote:
But yes their first year is JV only.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:23 pm

I don't see why you would HAVE to play at the Varsity level. Who cares if you can field two teams. What would be the point in having a team move up just because this rule, and then get lose every game because they aren't competitive at the V level.

It should be looked at on a case by case basis. If you got a JV team that is easily much better than the rest of the JV level, move that group to V. On the other hand you have a team that is average JV level, leave them there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Troy- think about what I said.. none of those teams are in the Madison area. So couldn't they all just go straight to Varsity if they really wanted to?
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Im not sure where you heard that Cedarburg is getting a team but I can guarantee you that that is not the case. I go to Cedarburg and there are only two kids other than me that play lacrosse and most kids who would be likely to play do not want to. Im hoping that they can maybe get a team the year after i graduate so i could coach, other than that, i see no signs of any interest in the sport at all. Nicolet and Homestead would probably be the first two schools from Northshore that would get a team
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 am

I think if Wisconsin Rapids gets someone interested over there they could field a top 10 team.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:55 pm

I would like to see Homestead field a team as well. Its a great athletics school, like Arrowhead, and I think after a few years, they could start fielding a solid program.

Plus with the rivalry of Arrowhead and them, it could do great things for the sport.
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Jaron wrote:
I would like to see Homestead field a team as well. Its a great athletics school, like Arrowhead, and I think after a few years, they could start fielding a solid program.

Plus with the rivalry of Arrowhead and them, it could do great things for the sport.

From What I've heard from talking with some of the homestead guys on our team, their AD isn't too interested in a lacrosse team until other Northshore Conference Schools get teams. However, that was two years ago so things could have changed. But it will still probably be at least a few years before they put one together, and at that time, Nicolet will probably put one together as well along with Cedarburg close behind, due to the fact that CHS always want to surpass Homestead in every way they can.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 pm

What about outside of the greater Milwaukee area... is there interests with any nothern schools... such as the Eau Claire schools, D.C. Everests (The arrowhead up north), Fond du lac, SPASH... just to name a few. Has anyone heard anything?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

If "SPASH" gets into lacrosse, it won't be SPASH.. it would be SPASL. So I think they would just call themselves Stevens Point. I've been wondering the same though about lacrosse teams in the Northwoods. I was going to try and get up into the Eagle River area this past spring and try and get kids interested in it, but it never worked out.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:48 pm

well idk about the rest of the state but down here (Delafield) a lot of the Hockey players play Lax... and with some of the big hockey programs up north ive been curious why that hasnt carried over.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Same thing has crossed my mind numerous times. It would be alot harder getting teams started up there because the closest team to them would be Wausau. And until one team takes the big step at starting up and willing to travel more than 100 miles just for one game, I don't see anything happening for awhile up there..
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:31 pm

I've heard rumors that there's a few teams up near Superior and Ashland, but they play Minnesota teams and arent as competetive....

dont quote me on that...
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 9:36 pm

I know Superior had a team but I don't know if they do anymore.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm almost positive there is going to be a Waukesha team (combined South, North and West). But not at the V level, I'm sure it'll start at JV.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:11 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
I'm almost positive there is going to be a Waukesha team (combined South, North and West). But not at the V level, I'm sure it'll start at JV.

were you sure about that a year ago? because there was a Waukesha JV team last season..... i know a guy who played for them - i'll check with him to see if they're moving up to V.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Oh...I could be a year late on this. I didn't follow HS lacrosse at all except for the last few games of AHS varsity. I have never followed JV so I would have no idea if they actually were a team.

I would guess you're right since they were talking about it for awhile.
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:01 am

Jaron wrote:

I know for a fact it will be a little longer for Homestead to field a team. The head coach of their football team strongly dislikes lacrosse because it limits the time his players can lift in spring. He also sees it as a distraction from football.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 5:59 pm

I understand what your saying about Homesteads football coach... but idk if youve heard of a school that goes by the name of Arrowhead. A Lax program which has existed for 3 years and has been in 3 state championships (won 2 of them) and... I don't think their football team is really hurting too much over this, granted since they havent lost a football game in 2 years lol, but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 6:00 pm

That last post really wasnt directed at you, but the Homestead coach.
Back to top Go down
WausauLax49
Rookie
Rookie
WausauLax49

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 2:42 pm

I live in Wausau is right by DCE and i heard awhile ago that DCE wanted lacrosse but they didnt have enough people interested? From what i heard awhile back, dont quote me on this but i think that almost the whole baseball team wanted to play lacrosse instead. lol. i dont know anything about SPASH...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wausaulacrosse.com
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Yea, if D.C.E., SPASH, and some Eau Claire schools and maybe menomonie and hudson got some teams then Wausau could join and that would be a nice conf.
Back to top Go down
LaxRat4
Rookie
Rookie
LaxRat4

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:58 pm

I coach 7-8 grade in Hudson and were hoping to have a jv team this spring and if not then for sure the next spring, but well be playing teams from the east side of the twin citites because there no programs on this side of WI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News of any new Varsity Teams this year?   News of any new Varsity Teams this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

News of any new Varsity Teams this year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next