Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All Time Team Wisconsin

Go down 
+14
CrownLaxer
mkexlax
AHSLAXISBALLIN
thedamnedfan
DwinsChamps
gfields5
s1erra 7i2
bigpattyboy36
Butters
SiouxLax
Jack
V-townLax19
MUHS #30
Jaron
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

All Time Team Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 pm

I got this idea from the team WLF thread.

We have only been around for about 6-7 years, but I figured it would be fun for everyone to throw out some names about who they think would make up the all time team Wisconsin.

I expect it to be fairly regionally biased, since alot of players don't know everyone else, and alot of you guys don't know some of us old dudes who played a few years ago. Anyway, keep it clean and have fun. Sort it like this:

Attack: 5-6 players

Midfield: 6

Defense: 5-6

FOGO: 2

LSM: 2

Goalies: 2
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 pm

My 2 cents= Pano gets a middie slot.

thats it, i'm done.
Back to top Go down
V-townLax19
Rookie
Rookie
V-townLax19

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:18 pm

bice for middy cause he played that in high school

the Rorher brothers and storts for pole.. along with Wirth
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:23 pm

I realize that this list is mostly Madison area players. When you think of ALL TIME Wisconsin players, the best ones have come from Madison, its a simple fact. Milwaukee has produced some amazing TEAMS, as has Appleton, but the best Lacrosse players skill wise are from Madison, plain and simple

Attack:

Jaron Klopstein: Middleton - Fontbonne U -- Middleton all-time points leader, helps run this website, always doing something involving lax and helping the growth including coaching HS teams and camps. Has a model work ethic, and is in the gym 2 times a day in the off season, running once and lifting once. If you want an example of how to train, watch Jaron. He starts on attack and is currently 4th in points for Fontbonne who is 4-6 on the season. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Brett Schnirring: Verona - MATC Madison, US Navy, Wisconsin -- First player to play lacrosse in Madison. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Brad Campbell: Middleton - Mars Hill -- If you played Lacrosse in madison in 2003-2006 you knew the name, simple as that. Most points for WI kid in the NCAA

Middies:

Jace Rauman: Middleton - Mercyhurst NE, St Leo, UWM -- great player, legend if you play in madison (or usually anywhere you go in wisconsin). known nationwide for his dying and stringing.
Kevin Bice: Verona - Goucher, Minnesota -- UMLL D1 Player rep, was the most feared player during Veronas state championship years. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Chris Urso: Middleton - MATC Madison -- Chris Urso. Enough Said there.
Ryan Boyd: Edgewood (Regents) - Wisconsin -- Great player, extremely athletic with great shot and stick skills. Player rep for Wisconsin Badgers. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Nick Neuman: Regents - Ithaca -- First WI player to go to big name school. was impossible to guard in HS and could change a game in a minute because of his athleticism. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Alex Panosian: Marquette - Army -- First WI player to go D1, even though this season hes on JV. Never seen him lose a faceoff
Alek Kneebone: Middleton (also played goalie for junior year) -- Many might not know him, but he was one of the first people to play lacrosse in madison. had amazing speed and stick skills and was an incredible goalie for the one season he played it. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players

Defense:

Trevor Wirth: Middleton - Ripon, UW-Oshkosh -- Flashy Stick skills, huge hitter. Middletons defensive leader for 4 years. Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Michael Storts: Verona - UW-Eau Claire, Minnesota -- best position defender ever to come out of Wisconsin. Simply understands defensive fundamentals and strategy. Can seemingly check your stick from any angle.Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players
Peter Rohrer: Verona - Minnesota -- These two were beasts in high school and continue to do damage at "The U"
Jacob Rohrer: Verona - Minnesota

Goalies:

Garrett Glenn: Verona -- Goalie of Verona for 2 state championships (injured during 2005 season but played in 05 championship game) Member of now defunct Mala Select team comprised of all conference players.
Brad Sollenberger: Middleton -- Whittier - Led Middleton to first ever state championship, first (and only) goalie to go NCAA from Wisconsin.
Jake Sweitzer: Arrowhead - Edgewood, Wisconsin -- Quickest hands and best fundamentals from WI born goalie yet
Nathan Lutterman: Verona - Whitewater -- Best doorstep goalie. You can't score on Butters unless you put it where he is not. does not make mistakes

Coaches:

Tom Darcy: Regents - Played at Merchant Marine Academy -- Best coach i've played for or against. Great person, and a pleasure to have a conversation with. Truly cares about every player
Robin Buckley: USM - Played at Lake Forest College -- He's done so much for Milwaukee. Milwaukee literally wouldn't have a youth program if it weren't for him.

Last edited by Jack on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:01 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:43 pm

I beat Alex a couple times when I did face offs(My junior year)...but I have a feeling he wasn't trying too hard, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:45 pm

+1 To attack

Jack Peterson: Middleton-UWM: Many of you guys may not know of Jack from High School, but he has truly adapted into one of the more refined attackmen the state has seen. Literally built the team at UWM, and is moving them to a new level on a daily basis. Jack cares more about the growth and development of lacrosse in Wisconsin then anyone I know. Continues to spread the sport coaching a youth team.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:24 am

Alright I'll take an attempt at this. Keep in mind, playing NCAA does not put you on this list as there are numerous people who had the opportunity that elected not to.
Attack:
Kevin Bice - Should really not be considered as a midfielder, he may have played that up through his Junior year but always had an attackmen's mindset. The single best player Wisconsin has ever had, no arguments. Leading U of Minnesota in points.

Jaron Klopstein - Middleton's premier attackmen until he left to return to St Louis. Currently is putting up great numbers at Fontbonne (D3).

Adam Lindheim - Surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. The single best X-man/Feeder I've played against. The QB of Middleton's offense the last two years, currently at Syracuse (not for lacrosse).

Jack Peterson - After High School Jack fought his way on to this list. Has grown more than any player post high school and has developed in to a scoring threat and extremely smart attackmen. Currently at UW-Milwaukee.

Middies:
Boyd/Neuman - The West duo that kept them competitive and always fighting in MALA during Middleton's and Verona's glory years. Boyd at UW-Madison, Neuman at Ithaca (D3).

Jace - Great overall midfielder. Wins faceoffs, gets ground balls, does the dirty work. Best stringer in this state (open to opinion) and the best dyer (no arguments). Currently at UW-Milwaukee.

Alex Panosian - First Wisconsin D1 player. Enough said. Currently at Army.

Defense:
Mike Storts - Best one on one defender, best clearing defenseman, and one of the best sticks (only Trevor comes close) of any defenseman. Currently at U of Minnesota.

Trevor Wirth - Animal. Absolute beast with an absurdly good stick and the urge to kill the opponent. Single handedly scared away some of the best attackmen. Currently at Ripon for football, plays at UW - Oshkosh.

Rohrer's - Extremely solid defenseman. Take away Jacob's horrible knee, and there's no argument they deserve consideration. Currently at the U of Minnesota.

Goalies:
Jake Sweitzer - Best fundamental goalie this state has seen. Currently at UW - Madison.

Casey Beinlich - Many people choose to forget him since he had the misfortune of playing for Madison Memorial during their horrid years. Currently at I believe Central Michigan.

Perhaps Madison bias in this list, but if you look at laxpower, no team in this state has come close in power rankings to the top of MALA during 03-06.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:26 am

i think over time this list will change as more and more kids work their way through Wisconsin High School Lacrosse and make their mark in the GLLL, MCLA and NCAA. Wait for guys like Bottachelli, Fields and Hummel to go through a few years of college ball, i got a feeling they're all worthy of this list.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:16 am

Its interesting you include Botachelli and Hummel. Both moved to Wisconsin from out east, as did Adam Lindheim. I think to really be "All Time Team Wisconsin", the fact that you were born and raised as a lacrosse player in this state should have some bearing. If you guys disagree thats fine, I just think its nice to have so many great players that weren't raised in the traditional lacrosse hotbeds.
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Jack wrote:
I realize that this list is mostly Madison area players. When you think of ALL TIME Wisconsin players, the best ones have come from Madison, its a simple fact. Milwaukee has produced some amazing TEAMS, as has Appleton, but the best Lacrosse players skill wise are from Madison, plain and simple

I agree and Disagree. Yes, Milwaukee AND Madison has turned out some great Teams, and players, but people continusly and always will overlook BayVal players because we never had the depth that some Madison teams have. 2006, Myself(D) and Jay Morth(Middie) both went first team all State with a Menasha 2-9 record. I don't disagree, Madtown has some GREAT players, but people always will overlook BayVal.

Anyways, from what I know about BayVal and the people who have stuck out to me.

Attack:
Jandry - Notre Dame - Grad. in 05 (I think)
Brad Simpson - Neenah - Grad. in 07?

Middie:
Shay - Appleton - Grad. in 06
Jay Morth - Menasha - Grad in 06

D
?

Goalie:
Big Joe P - Menasha - Grad. in... 04?

If my memory serves me correct, there is no All State team in Wisconsin, so how did you manage to get First team on it in 2006?
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:25 pm

What are your guys' thoughts on LSM's or FOGO's. I know that there probably is not a long list of players at either of the positions (actually, I cannont even think of a FOGO from Wisconsin), though I believe those are the only two positions not mentioned up to this point.
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Shay was a HUGE benefactor in winning faceoffs in the State game in 06, though, he had great shot and could play great middie as well. I have never seen any team run a fogo. I ran LSM a little bit and was terrible at it, I ended up mainly just going straight to D to cut off a fast break because we didn't have a face off middie. Same as I have seen from most teams we went against, LSM's, just went straight to D.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:03 pm

s1erra 7i2 wrote:
Jack wrote:

I agree and Disagree. Yes, Milwaukee AND Madison has turned out some great Teams, and players, but people continusly and always will overlook BayVal players because we never had the depth that some Madison teams have. 2006, Myself(D) and Jay Morth(Middie) both went first team all State with a Menasha 2-9 record. I don't disagree, Madtown has some GREAT players, but people always will overlook BayVal.

Anyways, from what I know about BayVal and the people who have stuck out to me.

Attack:
Jandry - Notre Dame - Grad. in 05 (I think)
Brad Simpson - Neenah - Grad. in 07?

Middie:
Shay - Appleton - Grad. in 06
Jay Morth - Menasha - Grad in 06

D
?

Goalie:
Big Joe P - Menasha - Grad. in... 04?

If my memory serves me correct, there is no All State team in Wisconsin, so how did you manage to get First team on it in 2006?

If my memory serves me correctly, Wisconsin currently does not nominate an All State Team...so how did you manage get First Team on it?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Yeah, how do you make all state?
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:06 pm

+1 for Nate Robitschek, middy

He's not someone that stands out to alot of people, a humble guy who doesn't care for the forum-thing or repping his name, but IMO, Nate has easily earned a position on this list. He has wheels like no other, can dominate at the faceoff X, and probably played a hand in 75% of our fast break goals at Verona from '03-'05. Our best middy at the U of M, he is literally lights-out in the transition game, his defense is exceptional, and he can break down his opponents in the open field on a level unparalleled in this state.

Nate was a big part of Verona's success a few ago, as any Verona grad (and probably many Middleton/Mad. West grads) knows. If you don't know Nate, be sure to watch the men's division at the Brewtown Showdown this summer in Milwaukee.
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Seriously? I was 100% sure. Coach brought it up to us at our last meeting, and I remember reading about it somewhere on the lacrosse forums. I thought I remember reading about it on here too....

Ahhh, I'm delusional. It's conferece, not State.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Does Alex actually play on Army? I fail to see his name on the roster on Lax.com. Or am I missing it? Just curious, not opposing his skill, he's good.
Back to top Go down
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:23 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
Does Alex actually play on Army? I fail to see his name on the roster on Lax.com. Or am I missing it? Just curious, not opposing his skill, he's good.

He's on JV... read Jack's first post
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:36 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
+1 for Nate Robitschek, middy

He's not someone that stands out to alot of people, a humble guy who doesn't care for the forum-thing or repping his name, but IMO, Nate has easily earned a position on this list. He has wheels like no other, can dominate at the faceoff X, and probably played a hand in 75% of our fast break goals at Verona from '03-'05. Our best middy at the U of M, he is literally lights-out in the transition game, his defense is exceptional, and he can break down his opponents in the open field on a level unparalleled in this state.

Nate was a big part of Verona's success a few ago, as any Verona grad (and probably many Middleton/Mad. West grads) knows. If you don't know Nate, be sure to watch the men's division at the Brewtown Showdown this summer in Milwaukee.

Maybe you guys can come play in our summer league at Middleton?
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:56 pm

AHSLAXISBALLIN wrote:
thedamnedfan wrote:

He's on JV... read Jack's first post

Ahh... missed that one.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Quote :
Maybe you guys can come play in our summer league at Middleton?

Nate's living in Minneapolis this summer, probably playing in the Empire Summer Lax league. I'll be in Madison until we play in Brewtown, them I'm living out west for the remainder of summer. I'll be with you in heart, of course.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Man, I wanna play Brewtown. I hope I'll be in town that weekend.
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:59 pm

What are the criteria for player submission? I see that skill is not the sole indication of recognition, rather for some, their off-the-field efforts in running club programs or just being "lax brahs" warrants praise.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm not quite sure where you're seeing that skill is not the indication of recognition on here, but that is the idea. There were comments made about players' efforts to help the sport, but that's not what got them mentioned. (At least from me)
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:13 pm

If there is any such thing as a "lax brah"...I am not sure if it would constitute a vote on any All-Star team I was running.

In most of the aforementioned lists, skill was by far the initial vote, followed by many peoples efforts to help grow the sport in the state.

Jack put it best:

"Pete Rose was one hell of a baseball player, but do you think he is ever going to get voted into the hall of fame after his off the field activities?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Time Team Wisconsin   All Time Team Wisconsin Empty

Back to top Go down

All Time Team Wisconsin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next