Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2008 High School All-Americans

Go down 
+19
tdarcy
Jaron
Neenahlax2
Green Bay Rep
Lefty019
Battleaxe
mkexlax
wiMiddie
Ron Mexico
RunninMan12
WiscoLax
laxmehard
Jack
snhu21
DwinsChamps
SiouxLax
JordanEC23
Butters
gfields5
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Green Bay Rep
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-23

2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: AA Selections for Bay Val, etc   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 pm

The Bay Val selections were chosen through a nomination and voting process following the all-conference voting process. As you recall, you must be a first team all conference selection to be even considered.

The two highest players to receive votes and recommendations from coaches were chosen and ranked #1 and #2 .

I would hope this is how other conferences chose their nominations.

I post this for informational purposes only. I am not looking for further debate on this; so no more negative posts please.

I don't know what US Lacrosse's motivations are in having this recognition and you are all entiltled to your opinions.

I personally don't think it is a "glorified" All-State; but that is my opinion.
Lacrosse is unique from other sports; plain and simple.

However, now that everyone's opinion is out there, can we now keep this postive and at least be happy for those players nominated and try to take the "high road" the rest of the way and congratulate them despite our missgivings about this program? Otherwise, you diminish the good intentions here and take any positive strokes from these deserving athletes and I am sure that is not your intention here.

You are always free to write to US Lacrosse and provide your invaluable insights on the AA program. They welcome feedback.

RVP
Bay Val Rep
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Although some of your are against the concept, you really need to learn to accept it. My senior year in Missouri, we were delegated five All American selections. In no way would our All Americans stack up against All Americans from NY, MD, or NJ...but they were still good players. My senior year they went on to play at schools like West Point, Hobart, Wesleyan, and Manhattan.

High School AA for Lacrosse is just relative to your states skill level. Every state does it this way, why shouldn't Wisconsin. In fact, Misssouri was handing out All American selections since its first year of existence almost twenty years ago...so its not even fair to say that we don't deserve one here because of lack of development.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:28 am

Awards like AA, Academic AA, All Conference and concepts like Team Madison, Team GB and Team Milwaukee only help to better introduce people around Wisconsin and the region to the game and thus help us to grow the game. In the last two weeks I've gotten e-mails and phone calls from several college coaches (NCAA and high level MCLA) from across the country about kids from our area...certainly things like AA, All Conference and "select teams" help get us on radar screens all over.
Back to top Go down
LancerGK
Rookie
Rookie
LancerGK

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Just my feeling but i think that Hummel, and Hoeft will be Mala's two nominees
Back to top Go down
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman
Delldorado

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 8:21 pm

umm actually ill correct you now then cus wausau's team hasnt been around for 5 years either its only been here for 4. this is my third year. it was started the year before i started
Back to top Go down
http://www.WausauLacrosse.com
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Delldorado wrote:
umm actually ill correct you now then cus wausau's team hasnt been around for 5 years either its only been here for 4. this is my third year. it was started the year before i started
Why would 4 years matter, Arrowhead's had a team for 3 years, and has been to the state championship game all 3 years and won it twice. it's all about coaching in wisconsin lacrosse.
Back to top Go down
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman
Delldorado

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 8:56 pm

sorry im not trying to contribute to the argument that was here before. laxofficial said 3 years. then someone said 5. im simply correcting everyone and tellin you that wausau has only been a team for 4 years. by saying that i didnt mean to help either side in any argument so please dont take it as if i had
Back to top Go down
http://www.WausauLacrosse.com
WausauLax49
Rookie
Rookie
WausauLax49

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:42 am

just a question... idk if this is just bay val but from what i remember wausau could have been in the playoffs but were denied it because we were a first year team? If thats true then how has arrowhead been in the state title game all 3 years of there existance?? just a thought...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wausaulacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Because we beat Marquette our first year to win conference which in turn put us into the state tournament. Then we won our semi-final game and lost to Appleton at state.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 12:30 pm

WausauLax49 wrote:
just a question... idk if this is just bay val but from what i remember wausau could have been in the playoffs but were denied it because we were a first year team? If thats true then how has arrowhead been in the state title game all 3 years of there existance?? just a thought...
I've been led to believe that is a Green Bay specific rule. Madison usually has first year teams at JV level, thus they wouldn't be in the conference tournament to have the opportunity to get the State bid. (Example: Janesville) So in a way, it's the same idea. I believe in Milwaukee you are instantly Varsity level, therefore eligible for their bid. (Example: Arrowhead)
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 1:15 pm

To clarify, for Milwaukee, three years ago when Arrowhead came into existence, all new teams were automatically granted varsity status. As lacrosse in Milwaukee has grown in the past three years, Milwaukee has adopted a very similar policy as Madison. First year teams (ex- Heritage Christian) begin at JV, and the next year the MAYLA board discusses the possibility of having that team make the jump to varsity.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:06 pm

gfields5 wrote:
To clarify, for Milwaukee, three years ago when Arrowhead came into existence, all new teams were automatically granted varsity status. As lacrosse in Milwaukee has grown in the past three years, Milwaukee has adopted a very similar policy as Madison. First year teams (ex- Heritage Christian) begin at JV, and the next year the MAYLA board discusses the possibility of having that team make the jump to varsity.

it should be noted that some programs have had their varsity status revoked,,,, well i dont really like that word, but anyway.... Westside and kenosha were both Varsity programs at one point but for whatever reason(i was told they were not competitive enough) were "restricted" to play at the JV level. once they posted enough progress at the JV level then they would be allowed back into the varsity circuit.
Back to top Go down
WausauLax49
Rookie
Rookie
WausauLax49

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:05 am

thanks guys. that cleared everything up for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wausaulacrosse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 High School All-Americans   2008 High School All-Americans - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 High School All-Americans
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4