Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JV PLAYERS

Go down 
+8
Butters
RiDE
SiouxLax
veronalax33
bigpattyboy36
Goalielife101
Guru
lax4life91011
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-20

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:58 pm

who are some jv players that really stood out last year that will make the jump to varsity?
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 10:59 pm

I can pretty much speak for Middleton here, but the entire attack lineup for us could easily play varsity this coming season, granted if all of them could get bigger in size...

also had a number of middies and defense who will make a nice transition to the higher level.
Back to top Go down
Goalielife101
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-18

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Guru wrote:
I can pretty much speak for Middleton here, but the entire attack lineup for us could easily play varsity this coming season, granted if all of them could get bigger in size...

also had a number of middies and defense who will make a nice transition to the higher level.

[b]Waunakee beat the offense in double OT they could barley score 3 goals on a firtst year goalie. The deffense completley shut down their attack and the middies were a little factor
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:45 pm

of the freshmen at Marquette high, i'll venture to say that a few of them will be swing players from JV to Varsity over the course of the spring, eventually they'll develop into impact players by june. 3 attackmen in particular and at least two middies will probably start the swinging, but i will want them to remain on the JV so i dont lose my better players ha.

Last edited by bigpattyboy36 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Goalielife101 wrote:
[b]Waunakee beat the offense in double OT they could barley score 3 goals on a firtst year goalie. The deffense completley shut down their attack and the middies were a little factor

If you were trying to say that Middleton's attack aren't meant for Varsity, you're sadly mistaken. I've been playing against one of them in fall ball this year that seems like he would be good enough to play Varsity, and I know there's another one on their team that is quick enough to play. Both lack size, but they're both quick and are fundamentally sound. And nothing against your offense, but you also barely put up 3 goals on a first year goalie while playing our JV B team.

Verona will have to fill the spots of 15 graduated seniors. Chances are good that we will be starting the same guys for Varsity that we started for JV this year, especially at attack and defense. We had a couple of swing guys between Varsity and JV so hopefully the experience there will help.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Lets be honest...who cares what JV players are going to make the jump to V. When it happens it happens, and when it does, then they are just another part of the V team. Every year people will make that jump regardless of skill due to the fact some teams need to fill the spots.

This is a very opinionated topic, and therefore no one is right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 pm

that transition probably means something to every JV player on here thought.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:41 am

True, but I'm just playing devils advocate here and saying that making V isn't the biggest deal.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:31 am

for the sake of argument,

generally in high school sports the shift from the JV level to the Varsity level is actually quite a big deal. Perhaps this is not very noticeable in Lacrosse, or to some of us who completely surpassed the JV level and went straight-away to Varsity, but for most players the game changes radically. It's tough to argue that the levels are close enough to the point that the transition from JV to V means little more than filling empty spots on a roster. I think many of us on the forums would agree that the Varsity game is 10 times faster and 20 times more technical than the JV game. After coaching only one season at the freshman level of the game, it's painfully obvious to see the differences on how the game is played. Not only is the game slower and "less technical"(not a whole lot of skill involved), but it's also more based upon individual athleticism and individual performances on the field, not so much the team(as it is on varsity).

i dunno this is a good debate to follow up on. but i totally disagree that "making V isnt the biggest deal". to me, varsity status means quite a bit. How do you think recruitment goes for a sophomore who played Varsity vs one who played JV?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:08 pm

I tend to agree with SiouxLax it's not really a big deal to make Varsity. If that's your goal, you need to set them much higher. What matters is whether you make an impact at the Varsity level. And as far as recruitment, I would argue that playing JV as a sophomore means very little versus playing Varisty. A college coach will not only look at what level they played at but how much they improved. If that Varsity player doesn't improve and stays at the same level, but that JV player improves and comes to a level playing field with that player for Junior year. It will show a college coach not only does that player have a good work ethic to make such improvements, but that there's potential. A lot of players peak early and don't do what's necessary to improve. So really, who cares who makes Varsity? I care who will make an impact, not who will be standing on the bench.
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:54 am

i think that is a very true statement.

on our team last season, there were 2 freshman who played on varsity and received great amounts of playing time and did very well.

the sophomores on the team were very frustrated at first, and with good inital reason... who wanted freshman coming in and taking a varsity spot that the sophomores were hoping for?

but as the season went on, it was obvious that those freshman had the talent and were ready for the varsity level, and when a few sophomores moved up to the varsity team once the jv team was done playing and teh varsity had made the playoffs, they completely realized the change in the games pace. i think that was a great learning experience for them... its about drive and determination.. and the freshman on our team obviously had more of that.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:47 pm

I gotta say that coaching against the Verona Orange JV team last season, I think that they will be fine filling in spots on Varsity. They all seemed athletically superior to all the other JV teams. I think they went undefeated, too.
Back to top Go down
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:21 pm

did anyboyd play against arrowheads jv 1 team last year i heard they were good? who were there stand outs if u can remember
Back to top Go down
KmLAX42
Rookie
Rookie
KmLAX42

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-06

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 5:12 pm

lacrosseman1 wrote:
did anyboyd play against arrowheads jv 1 team last year i heard they were good? who were there stand outs if u can remember

Idk, i played them on two occasions, once in the beginning of the season when things were still getting straightened out, and then once again in the championship game, their goalie stepped up in the championship game, but i don't think they had anyone that was really, that good.
Back to top Go down
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:15 pm

did u guys win or no?
Back to top Go down
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:15 pm

did u guys win or no?
Back to top Go down
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:16 pm

i heard their midfielders were really good is that true
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 am

Who knows....you'll have to wait to find out.
Back to top Go down
KmLAX42
Rookie
Rookie
KmLAX42

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 am

lacrosseman1 wrote:
did u guys win or no?

nope, unfortunately they made a very impressive 2nd half run and beat us 12-10.
Back to top Go down
Goalielife101
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-18

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm

KmLAX42 wrote:
lacrosseman1 wrote:

Idk, i played them on two occasions, once in the beginning of the season when things were still getting straightened out, and then once again in the championship game, their goalie stepped up in the championship game, but i dcon't think they had anyone that was really, that good.

Ok we played them for ournfirst game and it was a bad game for us itcwas our goalies first game and he struggled. Arrowhead had three seniors on their if squad and a bunch of jrs idk most their v was frosh
Back to top Go down
KmLAX42
Rookie
Rookie
KmLAX42

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 am

most of their varsity was not freshman, so idk where you got there from. they had 2 JV teams, very few freshman were on varsity.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 4:11 am

AHS Varsity last year had one freshman on it.
Back to top Go down
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 10:57 pm

ya ur a idiot arrowhead had 1 freshman on it last year and the only reason was because his family started the program
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:43 am

lacrosseman1 wrote:
ya ur a idiot arrowhead had 1 freshman on it last year and the only reason was because his family started the program

Get your facts straight before you say anything....

The reason he was on V is because he could lax better than everyone else who tried out.

I also see you're from Arrowhead...why asking so many questions about YOUR program? You should know more than anyone here.
Back to top Go down
lax4life91011
Rookie
Rookie

JV PLAYERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: JV PLAYERS   JV PLAYERS EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:22 pm

how do u know i am from arrowhead. cause im not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content