Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top Players In 08

Go down 
+41
snhu21
BIG_URM1
badingin
Coach Z
WiscoLax
wiMiddie
ECD
Butters
JordanEC23
flow936
The Big Dipper
Kiel
Neenahlax2
kmlax26
LAXOFFICIAL
AHSlax21jr
ahslax36
gfields5
gbpackers12
Lax11
thecorster1234
KevinBice
Ron Mexico
tidbits
relicdavis
LancerGK
foxmotox643
SiouxLax
Milwaukeelax25
Jaron
mkexlax
Photoguy!
RiDE
Jack
madhater
Lefty019
Hugo43
bigpattyboy36
thedamnedfan
Nate
savagelax07
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
savagelax07
Rookie
Rookie
savagelax07

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Seeing thats its now winter, spring is right around the corner. Who does everyone think will be the top laxers in each conference this spring?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 6:02 pm

It's too early to tell still.. but i'm gonna throw some out.

Waunakee- Their goalie and #25
Middleton- Hummel (don't know of anybody else)
Memorial- none
Lafollette- AJ or whatever the kids name is
West- no clue sure there will be at least one or two.
Janesville- none
Oregon- none
Verona- Tim prolly a couple others
Stoughton- Rich Knipfer #69, Tyler Rekowski #6, Eric Kind #21, Kal Urso, Zach Transue #25, Sanford Erdahl #24
Sauk- none
Sun Prairie- no clue
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Again, its hard to tell really. But from what I recall there is some kids I remember.

Middleton no longer has their goalie which puts them in a position, not sure if they had as good of a goalie to back Luke. The Lindheim/ Hummel duo on attack has been split. Hummel is still around, and Jacks little bro is pretty good, and I think I remember him a little. Thier LSM #69 was a big stand out player for them last year, I think he was an underclassmen, Jace could help with that.

Sun Prairie still has a hand full of good players, only lost 3 seniors? Cant remember what madhatter said. But they still have Mally that stood out, its really hard to compare them with the rest of the conference, seeing that they refused to play with the MALA Select team.

West has little Neuman as well as #12 who played on the MALA Select that were both players that stood out last year, I think both are still in HS and will help West.

Being from Stoughton, I feel we have a strong group of seniors that have grown from last year, and even beyond the seniors we have a pretty decent base of players. Two kids went and played for the MALA Select team, Eric Kind (#21) and Tyler Rekowski (Defense), also picking up Kal Urso (formerly from Oregon), as well as have some underclassmen who are good, one who made 2nd team AC in 2006, Zach Transue, as well as one beast of a defender Richie Knipfer. Also Josh Wollin, who I feel They also have some scattereing of players that have deffinately grown, they lost about 6 seniors, have a growing base though with youth now.

Oregon has fallen apart, lost coach and lots of players.

Sauk Prairie, Memorial and Janesville are still growing and in their young years. Didnt see anyone from Janesville or Sauk stand out. One or two kids on Memorial did, I think one played on the MALA Select team.

Verona and Lafollette both have a few kids from last year, but from what I rmemeber, their main guys have graduated. Horvath, #12 Verona, and a few other, Lafalotte lost #24 some attack and a good pole? Goalie as well?

And Wanaukee lost very little, still have a strong team that will put up yet another fight. Good goalie, and defense, and attack as well, with a lefty.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 7:30 pm

not sure where arrowhead stands.... i know they return a few players who made an impact off their bench, but i also know they lost a lot of their team to gradutation.

Eastside has joey bottachelli(spelling). he'll be making plenty of noise this year in milwaukee.

marquette only lost 3 players, one attack, one middie, and one dpole. i'm excited. they're returning a strong midfield and a strong attack. the defense is physical and has good stick skills. they have the best LSM in the state in Garret Fields. i'm pretty confident that this is the strongest marquette team since the inception of their program.
Back to top Go down
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 7:58 pm

we didnt refuse to play with the MALA select team, our coach said that we would have a league where as one sun prairie team would play other select teams, it kind of fell though and no one sign up for the MALA select team, we only lost 2 seniors last year
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 8:40 pm

I really can't believe that Mally wasn't a senior Who did you guys lose Byrd and...........
Back to top Go down
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Maly is a senior this year. We only lost Byrd and a d-middy. Otherwise, the whole team is coming back.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 4:02 pm

what about coach guy? i heard rumors back at the beginning of the school year of him moving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 10:45 pm

Our coach is back. I never heard anything about him going anywhere. That't be tough if he left. He's been coaching longer than anybody else in the state.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 3:39 am

how long has he been coaching? I know Tom Darcy, Robin Buckley, and Sid Jones have all been coaching for 10+ years...
Back to top Go down
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 2:51 pm

i dont know if hes been coaching more than anyone else in the state but he brings alot of experience to our team and in my opinion is one of the best coaches i have seen, plus hes a pretty cool guy, hes like a friend and a coach its pretty cool
Back to top Go down
savagelax07
Rookie
Rookie
savagelax07

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 5:42 pm

A-Nick Hummel, Tom Vanvelkenberg (dont know his last name), Zack Nichols

M-Joe from Eastside Mil., Tom Casper, Zach Transue

D-Not sure, Marquette and Waunakee have some good ones returning

G-Not so sure here either, is that kid from hartland arrowhead back?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

no, schweitzer graduated and goes to Edgewood College.

As far as goalies, I really like watching Nick Urmaglu (sp?) for Verona

He is extremely intense, and great at putting his body in front of the ball. He might very well be one of the best goalies in the state.
Back to top Go down
savagelax07
Rookie
Rookie
savagelax07

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 6:10 pm

oh, ok. thats very true, i saw verona play last year and he was very impressive, i forgot about him.

how about defenders?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 7:08 pm

Cody Hurd from Middleton (#69)
whats the kids name from stoughton that came to the ubay sometimes this summer? he was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Jack wrote:
Cody Hurd from Middleton (#69)
whats the kids name from stoughton that came to the ubay sometimes this summer? he was pretty good.

You're talking about Rich Knipfer (#69).. the kid that came with me and Zarnstorf that one day, right? Also, you can't forget about Tyler Rekowski(#6)
Back to top Go down
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 7:45 pm

Jack wrote:
how long has he been coaching? I know Tom Darcy, Robin Buckley, and Sid Jones have all been coaching for 10+ years...

He's been coaching since the beginning of MALA. Since MALA was formed before Milw or GB had anything set up and he's the last of the original MALA coaches....that would make him the most experienced in terms of WI play.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 11:03 pm

Jack wrote:
As far as goalies, I really like watching Nick Urmaglu (sp?) for Verona

He is extremely intense, and great at putting his body in front of the ball. He might very well be one of the best goalies in the state.

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement about how he could be one of the best in state. However he is good at putting his body in front of the ball. He lets in alot of goals that should be saved though.

I feel bad for saying that cuz he's a pretty cool guy and whatnot, but whatevz. Tonight I actually thought he was you, Jack for a second when I saw him. You guys actually look alot alike from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 11:12 pm

yea, good game tonight verona, hopefully theres no hard feelings...things got a little heated in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 12:36 am

madhater wrote:
Jack wrote:

He's been coaching since the beginning of MALA. Since MALA was formed before Milw or GB had anything set up and he's the last of the original MALA coaches....that would make him the most experienced in terms of WI play.

WI play isn't saying much, Darcy has been coaching in other states (where they've had lax for longer than 5 years).
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 5:56 pm

You all will bow to us as we will be the top player making sick photos of each and every one of you!

Nice Avitar Jack!

Smile

Ross
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 pm

i hope you get in some sun praire games this year, that would be bomb
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 12:40 am

I am going to cover every team this year in both divisions.

It's just going to come down to how many people I will have to hire to help out. I have an idea but I just need to set some things up.

Ross

...will keep you informed....
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 3:11 am

God, I wished I still live in Wisconsin, I would totally work for you.

Being a possible photo major at the Kansas City Art Institute that is.
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Registration date : 2008-01-12

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 6:11 pm

In terms of Milwaukee talent:

-Joe Botecelli, SR, M (Eastside)
-Eastside's LSM (recent move from CA, but name escapes me)
-Sean Gebhard, SO, A (Marquette)
-Garret Fields, SR, LSM (Marquette)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top Players In 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Players In 08
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next