Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008

Go down 
+43
laxmehard
SB
LAXOFFICIAL
elfman5
gfields5
flow936
Neenahlax2
Ron Mexico
s1erra 7i2
WausauLax49
KevinBice
Umich2KM
Butters
madhater
veronalax33
Milwaukeelax25
Coach_Goldberg
DwinsChamps
foxmotox643
bigpattyboy36
mkexlax
SiouxLax
Hugo43
kmlax26
snhu21
RiDE
Coach Karstaedt
mmhs089
schnirro4
Guru
Jack
Lefty019
krks34
Jaron
Hummel18
tidbits
Nate
MUHS #30
relicdavis
thedamnedfan
madhater2
St. Michael
packleader
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2007 11:22 am

Im sure there is someone, somewhere in Janesville that lived on the east coast and either played in HS or college back in the day. I mean, there are tons in the Kansas City area, enough to filed 4 mens club teams, I mean, some are recent college players, but even then theres still people out there that know the game, you just need to strive to find it.

Try through schools, even craigslis, just getting the word lacrosse out in public places will help. One of my friends said he got into lacrosse cuz he saw a flyer for a different school somewhere and found out he could play for a different local team, and that year they ended up having their first year.
Back to top Go down
Coach Karstaedt
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 5:35 pm

Tibbetts,
The Reason why I believe the athletic director isn't to wild about lacrosse is because it is a club sport. He is worried as Janesville Craig's AD that players will quit their varsity sports or perform worse if they are playing lacrosse too and that the coaches will complain to him. I believe that is the reason why. But as soon as your mother is done with our nonprofit legal stuff, we will meet with Kevin Porter the overall Janesville AD about handling at both Craig and Parker. Until then be nice please and no more bashing AD Phillips, thanks.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 3:10 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
And, well Zarnstorf is a little more hopeless, after strining up a stick with boot laces and tennis shoes shoe laces... it was funny.

Rofl, true story, didnt shawn play with it for like 2 practices and a game too Very Happy seriously though, im getting better...
Back to top Go down
snhu21
Freshman
Freshman
snhu21

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 1:43 am

sun prairie has alot of seniors this year, only one attackman (20) is a senior, and our goalie and one d pole. pretty much half of our middies are seniors. We only lost 2 seniors from last year..... byrd and one middy.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 1:45 am

Malley didnt graduate last year, he looked quite mature last season, I was sure he was a senior then and graduated.
Back to top Go down
madhater2
Rookie
Rookie
madhater2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 3:02 pm

you can't tell how old someone is based on looks hahaha
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 4:10 pm

ahh, yeah you can...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
madhater2
Rookie
Rookie
madhater2

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 7:26 pm

OBVIOUSLY not, as i recall damnedfan's guess was that he was a senior who graduated, but in actuality hes was just an animal of a junior last year.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Well.. either way, he still isn't getting past our D haha (SP kids, don't take it affensive, it's just a joke)

So rumor has it alot of the northern areas are trying to get teams started up (Eagle River, Rhinelander, Beaver Dam, places around there). Anybody know if it's true?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

madhater2 wrote:
OBVIOUSLY not, as i recall damnedfan's guess was that he was a senior who graduated, but in actuality hes was just an animal of a junior last year.

OBVIOUSLY it could be kind of hard to get a good look at someone's face through a helmet, and if im not mistaken, I beleive his statement of maturity reflected his play on the field, and I would say its safe to assume he really doesnt't care what he looks like.

But yes, you can get a pretty good guess about how old someone is by looking at them.
Back to top Go down
madhater2
Rookie
Rookie
madhater2

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Jaron wrote:
madhater2 wrote:

OBVIOUSLY it could be kind of hard to get a good look at someone's face through a helmet, and if im not mistaken, I beleive his statement of maturity reflected his play on the field, and I would say its safe to assume he really doesnt't care what he looks like.

But yes, you can get a pretty good guess about how old someone is by looking at them.

If you would kindly and OPEN mindedly review my statement again and and consider that "...he was just an animal of a junior last year" WAS reflecting his preformance on the field. I never said anything about his face, dont be so quick to criticize.
Back to top Go down
kmlax26
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Kettle Moraine finished pretty well last year, although we did lose early in the conference tournament. We didn't lose any real talent last year, and we have like 60 kids in our program, so we're bound to make a good team. We're kind of weak in our D area though, since almost all of the from last year graduated, but we should be all right.

Arrowhead on the otherhand, lost all of their D and their goalie, so I'm curious to see how they do this year, but they still have plenty of talent. The new goalie, Dewey (couldn't tell you his real name), isn't too bad though. I played with him on Killwaukee Select over the summer.
Back to top Go down
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:46 pm

Maly is just a man among boys, iam pretty sure he started shaving at age 5
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 2:19 am

Hey all...I haven't been on here FOREVER so why not put in my .02?

I have heard that there is a whole NEW format. There wont be 3 different conferences(MKE, GB, Madtown) They're just making 2 large conferences. I don't know how it's going work so don't ask, I'm also not positive if this is true.

But here's my top teams from what I recall from last year...

We'll start with my (ex)team.

AHS - We did lose all of our D minus one. We did lose our goalie. We did lose some attack and mids. Our big name players are still there though. I think if this years team can build up a solid D, fill a few gaps in the mid/attack area they will be contending for the championship again.

KM - They were a weak team in the beginning but improved a HUGE amount. Don't be surprised when they beat your team. With a year under their belt, hopefully the goons(they only had a few)on their teams have figured out the rules and will be better players. They are in my top 8 teams.

Waunakee - They surprised me a lot last year. They had some solid players(not sure on their grade so I don't know if they still have them). If they can play how they did last year, they will be in there.

Sun Prairie - After playing them at state last year and basically mopping the floor with them, they have a lot to prove to me and the rest of Wisco lax before I can say they will be good. Not saying they will be bad this year, but I just need to see something from them before I can say they have a chance at the championship.

Middleton - Saw them play a few games but unfortunately never got to play them. They looked like a solid crew, not sure on who they graduated but they still have Hummel who is a HUGE threat. Wouldn't be surprised to see them be in the top 5.

Eastside - They are a decent crew, but only have one solid player I would be worried about. When they are playing a good game they are a tough team.

Wausau - They gave us the best game of the year. The championship semi-final, had us tied or down for most of the game. We ended up winning by one in OT. They were solid, plan on them being pretty strong.

...and that concludes my predictions for this upcoming season. Can't wait to get back to Wisco and watch the games. Hope everyone is doing well at school and I'll see you guys at the fields.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 11:21 pm

Why does everyone seem to overlook Marquette? Despite their showing during last seasons state tourney, they return most of their most skilled offensive talent, along with one of the state's top LSM's. I see Eastside and Marquette vying for the top spot in the Milwaukee area, and either one quite possibly the state title this season.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 12:50 am

Whoops..I forgot about Marquette. Here:

Marquette - They were nothing special last year since they graduated everyone off in '06. They have a few solid players but I think they still have a lot of rebuilding that needs to be done. They have plenty of individual skill, they just need to tie it all together and use it as a team. They also have a chance at state.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 12:47 am

i'd rather be an over-looked darkhorse than constantly in the spotlight. marquette's still got a lot of growing up to do. i personally think they are one of the most well-rounded teams in wisconsin...they return every single one of their starters for this year with the exception of one all conference attackman. there is no reason why they should not be THE force in wisconsin this year, but the boys have to decide how badly they want it.

Will they be content with the inward thinking that they 'could' beat everyone if they wanted, or will they step up and make things happen?
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Early tryout numbers at Arrowhead are already over 100 kids. The loss of the all conference D i dont think will affect them as much as originally thought.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 pm

Yep...AHS has to go to cuts this year, expecting around 150-200 kids to be trying out.
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Hey Anthony.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Why dont you just split already?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Why doesn't who split? And what do you mean by split.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Arrowhead, arent they like a few schools put together?

Or is that Appleton?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Arrowhead is just Arrowhead...one high school, lol.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 9:15 pm

...one absurdly large high school. Would the WLF rules allow AHS to make multiple jv teams?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next