Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Results/Banter

Go down 
+18
thedamnedfan
foxmotox643
northshorelax37
ahsgoalie1
MUHS #30
kmlax26
RiDE
HockeyandLax
Lefty019
Nate
tdarcy
JordanEC23
zack attack 12
bigpattyboy36
Keeper33
SiouxLax
madcity31
Jack
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Game Results/Banter - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 5:33 pm

and the way it looks...AHS is going to play them first round. I really hate them. There is no place for them...if they are just out to kill someone and fight they should go play rugby or pick up boxing.

Also...in the reffing class I took refs are supposed to stay out of fights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 6:54 pm

AHSlax21 wrote:
and the way it looks...AHS is going to play them first round. I really hate them. There is no place for them...if they are just out to kill someone and fight they should go play rugby or pick up boxing.

Also...in the reffing class I took refs are supposed to stay out of fights.

Oshkosh was like that this year i believe though maybe not totally out to kill they were bad and the Menasha peeps could say for sure.

Patty Boy you said the key words about appleton "last years" though i wish BP coulda got the chance to knock them off
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 7:16 pm

why did they tell you to stay out of fights as a ref, i would think that most refs would break them up, to avoid having someone get hurt.
Back to top Go down
smurflax28
Rookie
Rookie
smurflax28

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 7:27 pm

hahah you say they should play rugby... at our game when there was a ground ball they would just yell "Rugby!!" or "Scrum" and then say they should try to kill someone. I think the coach needs to actually learn the game and enforce it, not just be an adult running the "team"
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 8:12 pm

isnt it funny how 90% of parents just want to see big hits. shame they cant see the beuty of the game
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 8:26 pm

RiDE wrote:
why did they tell you to stay out of fights as a ref, i would think that most refs would break them up, to avoid having someone get hurt.
You're taught to stand there and write down numbers because of liability. Personally, if I were to witness a fight, I'd get in there and bring on any stupid lawsuit parents would bring on. The reason we're taught that is because last year in a JV game, a parent stepped between two players who were fighting, and had assault charges brought against him. From what I've been led to assume they were complete crap charges, but welcome to our messed up society.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 10:02 pm

not getting involved in the fight untill it is basically done is also for your own health butters. It is the same concept as in Hockey where a linesman will not break up a fight until both combatants are down or exhausted for his own protection and that of the players. Also like you said it protects against liability. Finally if you are not in the middle of the fight you can better watch the other players and make sure no more fights break out.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2007 1:22 am

Well with 2 refs the closest ref is to take the fight and 2nd ref is supposed to cover the benches. But what Butters said, it is for legal purposes.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2007 2:15 am

Keeper33 wrote:
not getting involved in the fight untill it is basically done is also for your own health butters. It is the same concept as in Hockey where a linesman will not break up a fight until both combatants are down or exhausted for his own protection and that of the players. Also like you said it protects against liability. Finally if you are not in the middle of the fight you can better watch the other players and make sure no more fights break out.

It'd take one hell of a HS kid for me to fear for my own safety, and there's a big difference between lacrosse and hockey. That's the skates and the ice. Skates can kill, and the ice can do a lot of damage with no equipment. I'm just personally not for letting two kids fight it out, because when you do that, someone else WILL get involved in some way shape or form, and that's what caused a lawsuit last year up in Sauk.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2007 11:45 am

If I was reffing I would let it go for the time it took for the other ref to make sure the bench is fine and for me to look around the field to make sure no one else is doin anything...then I would deal with the fight, so that would give them 10 seconds to go at it which should be enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2007 10:27 pm

for some reason fights especially in sports seem to sap the combatants rather quick so it shouldn't be too hard to intervene like you said AHSlax21
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 10:03 pm

AHS-15
Kenosha-1

like u needed to no the score to no who was gonna win that game, no offense to kenosha they played very classy; plus their goalie was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 10:21 pm

looks like its gonna be AHS v. Northshore. We had a win by one. 5-4.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 10:24 pm

foxmotox643 wrote:
no offense to kenosha they played very classy; plus their goalie was hilarious.

For once they did finally play a very clean game...I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
smurflax28
Rookie
Rookie
smurflax28

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 10:33 pm

yea after playing KM today, I was really surprised with how they played too. They hit hard but i think that every single hit they had was pretty much legal besides like 1 or 2 slip-ups.

Hopefully the game thursday will be a good one unlike how we played the first half last time we met.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 10:39 pm

[img=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img172/5742/photo32zl0.th.jpg]

thought you'd all like those
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 11:05 pm

howd you get those?
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyWed May 30, 2007 11:36 pm

Just adding a score...

Stoughton - 9
Sun Prairie - 14
Back to top Go down
laxplaya29
Rookie
Rookie
laxplaya29

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2007 9:31 am

another score here from tuesday.

neenah 14
bayport 7

neenah is looking exceptionally well this year for the bay-val, and the game against wausau today will be a good one. wish i could be there.
Back to top Go down
http://teams.lax.com/team_page.phtml?team_id=230
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2007 2:28 pm

laxplaya29 wrote:
another score here from tuesday.

neenah 14
bayport 7

neenah is looking exceptionally well this year for the bay-val, and the game against wausau today will be a good one. wish i could be there.

it was a good game but I had way to many 1v1s with Brad and OC

I should go watch the Wausau v. Neenah game since i am finally done with HS.
Back to top Go down
ahsgoalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:44 pm

AHS 13
NORTHSHORE 1

just throwin that out there to rep the milwaukee conference a bit
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:59 pm

ahsgoalie1 wrote:
AHS 13
NORTHSHORE 1

just throwin that out there to rep the milwaukee conference a bit

way to rep the MKE conference. NS sucked today and yet again i played like crap against you guys.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 9:53 am

krks? krikelas? andrew? holla holla
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
cjm3113
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Ok guys, I play attack for Kenosha and I would like to clear a few things up. Lacrosse is a club sport in Kenosha, not a team sport, it is very hard for us to organize anything. We can't have practice "after school" as we have players from multiple schools.

As for some of the idiots on our team, they are football players. They heard about the game and decided only to play because they can hit people. They aren't helping us at all.

AHSlax21 wrote:
foxmotox643 wrote:
no offense to kenosha they played very classy; plus their goalie was hilarious.

For once they did finally play a very clean game...I was impressed.

Our 'team' isn't dirty, those of us who were there (if you noticed there was only 13 of us) always play a clean game. There happened to be a football work out that day, so the football players were not there. That is why you were so impressed. And yes, Nate (the goalie) is hilarious.

bigpattyboy#3 wrote:
smurflax28 wrote:
After a terrible game against Arrowhead the night before.... North Shore beat Kenosha by a couple goals (not sure how many) after having the reschedule the game multiple times. The game was full of Kenosha being just a bunch of hacks not actually playing the game, just looking for the kill shot and trying to injure/lay out everyone.

yea we had that too. one guy on kenosha started a fight, got himself kicked out and our guy retaliated(DTS) got himself kicked out, and then another tried to join in but only got himself thrown to the ground by the ref... it wasnt pretty. our crowd started booing and the kid screamed a few obscenitys to them, then shouted to his teammates "hey guys, we're down 10, it doesnt matter anymore just kill someone!"

kenosha has been hacking in lacrosse since... well... forever... common knowledge...

in other news,,, looks like last years state champs got knocked off.....

And, I know we don't have a great reputation, but this is completely made up. One of our plays got his feet tangled with one of theirs, the kid tripped, he thought one of our players tripped him intentionally so he gets up and hits him with this stick. The kid on our team retaliates with a punch (that I don't believe he landed) ref throws them both to the ground. Another kid on our team (an idiot at that) comes sprinting it trying to involve himself, and also gets ejected. As for what he said after getting thrown out, we cannot control every thing that comes out of every players mouth. We did not support him, as we (a teammate and I) sat in the penalty box serving the penalties, we joked that he would have gotten his ass beat anyways.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 4:38 pm

allright then CJM, i can appreciate your want/need to clear up the rumors floating around about kenosha, but 1-that story was not made up at all and 2-i'm a football player too and as a football player i can confidently say that those of us who play in both sports are not just out to headhunt people--most of us have quite a bit of respect for the way it is meant to be played. as time goes on, your program will grow and get more and more serious players(like yourself) and then you can start experienceing more and more success. it just takes time and committment-which is somthing you sound like you're willing to put forth.

anyway.... MUHS vs Eastside tonight 7PM at Shorewood high school on Milwaukee's north/east side(Capitol drive and Oakland in shorewood)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Results/Banter   Game Results/Banter - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Results/Banter
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next