Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2007 Playoffs

Go down 
+25
Lefty019
MUHS #30
mikeymo1923
yupitsme
LancerLax28
thedamnedfan
tdarcy
Jack
Coach_Goldberg
Hummel18
kmlax26
SiouxLax
bigpattyboy36
foxmotox643
krks34
ahsgoalie1
HockeyandLax
Nate
Keeper33
smurflax28
Jaron
JordanEC23
DwinsChamps
RiDE
its all about the 3 b's
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Butt

2007 Playoffs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 5:47 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
What does being on jv have to do with my opinion. You're an alumni that doesnt take away from yours does it? And yes, i've seen waunakee, marquette, appleton, and eastside play ahs so i guess i have seen other varsity teams to answer your question.

While the likes of the mighty eastside and appleton may grimace in the face of Arrowheads defense, you've still failed to see the top 2 defenses which would be Sun Prairie and Middleton. Trust me, I've seen pretty much eveyr varsity team in Madison and Milwaukee, I've got a pretty good range of data to pull from I must say.
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
Yes I am an alumni, but I was just wondering what your reasoning was behind it, mainly if you've seen many other teams. I've played enough with these guys in the past and watched them develop to know enough to form my opinion, my opinion. Laughing
I didnt see andover's game... leaving at 530 in the morning not my thing, but they beat middleton 9-5 and arrowhead kept it to 3-1, thats mainly what im basing middletons d on. I didnt see them play so it could've been an off day, i dont really know but thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 8:33 pm

If I want to talk about playing top teams around the midwest then Im going to talk about teams like Brother Rice, Rockhurst Jesuit, Loyola Academy, New Trier, Western Reserve Academy, Upper Arlington, MICDS, Detroit Country Day, Etc Etc. Honestly after these teams, there are a few that can keep up throughout IL, MI, OH, and MO but after that the skill level drops alot, and none of the teams you mentioned are in it.

Hopefully someday WI will be playing with teams like those.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 8:49 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
Warriorlax23 wrote:
Yes I am an alumni, but I was just wondering what your reasoning was behind it, mainly if you've seen many other teams. I've played enough with these guys in the past and watched them develop to know enough to form my opinion, my opinion. Laughing
I didnt see andover's game... leaving at 530 in the morning not my thing, but they beat middleton 9-5 and arrowhead kept it to 3-1, thats mainly what im basing middletons d on. I didnt see them play so it could've been an off day, i dont really know but thats my opinion.

as i remember, middleton led the game for a quite a while, and then, what it looked like from the side, was they just stopped playing there A game, which is when andover took a huge lead.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 9:49 pm

RiDE wrote:
as i remember, middleton led the game for a quite a while, and then, what it looked like from the side, was they just stopped playing there A game, which is when andover took a huge lead.

Also didn't Middleton JUST get done playing SP. Not sticking up for them, but I'm sure playing right away or even an hour after with a tired D doesn't help
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
kmlax26
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 9:51 pm

i'm just curious what the other conferences brackets look like, because the MALL bracket isn't set up like a standard tournament bracket. could just be the lax set up, but i'm just curious, since they wanted to set it up some polish way to begin with, but they went with what was suppose to be traditional.
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 10:14 pm

Honestly all you guys from Arrowhead and up there, no offense you cannot use the number game because you guys have played no one. We (Middleton) played the second best team in your confrence, Eastside and beat them 10-2. And from what I know you have not played any powerful offenses. And the best Defense in this state is not from Arrowhead or Middleton it is from Madison West. If you look at all of their scores they have all been pretty close but have lost becasue theyre offense are all young players. And to anwser someones question about teh SP game before Andover, yea we just beat the team we came here to beat in OT an hour before so we were tired and Andover had 3 hours before to get ready. And if anyone would like to contridict me please feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 10:41 pm

Hummel18 wrote:
Honestly all you guys from Arrowhead and up there, no offense you cannot use the number game because you guys have played no one. We (Middleton) played the second best team in your confrence, Eastside and beat them 10-2. And from what I know you have not played any powerful offenses. And the best Defense in this state is not from Arrowhead or Middleton it is from Madison West. If you look at all of their scores they have all been pretty close but have lost becasue theyre offense are all young players. And to anwser someones question about teh SP game before Andover, yea we just beat the team we came here to beat in OT an hour before so we were tired and Andover had 3 hours before to get ready. And if anyone would like to contridict me please feel free to ask.

well, if you want to call out Mad. West, marquette squeaked out a close win from them.... and i dont think their defense is as quality as that of arrowhead's... they were allowing wayy too many shots and open looks from our attack to be labled as such. this is something arrowhead's d shut down early in the season. i think arrowhead takes the cake in terms of defense.

it's going to be one helluva state tournament.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:11 pm

I love how we base the quality of a defense off one game. Really, laughable. The point Hummel made is quite valid, West held one of the higher scoring teams in Sun Prairie to 6 goals I believe, not once but twice. Although along with holding a very good team to 6, they also have been in games that with doing as well vs elite teams like that, they shouldn't have been in such as their game vs Verona. Arrowheads played probably the third best offense in Madison, and held them to five, outstanding effort, they've done what other people haven't and stopped one player on Waunakee. I'll stick with my observations of Middleton and Sun Prairie being the best, think what you want, but I have an advantage over you in seeing all of these teams in person. That will tell you a hell of a lot more than a number will.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:19 pm

i'm not basing my opinion off of numbers. i've seen both arrowhead and Madison West... so follow the logic... someone says that mad. west's defense is better than Middleton and Sun Prairie and states that arrowhead isnt up to par with the madison teams... i take what i know about madison west and apply it to the situation...

you're right, numbers dont mean anything and i trust your opinion based upon your experience, but i still think arrowhead's probably got an edge over everyone else right now.
Back to top Go down
ahsgoalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:35 pm

i'm not gonna play the numbers game here, i've never been about stats like that, but i feel i must back up my d a little bit with all this. First of all, like hummel stated earlier our schedule has not been as solid as some of the madison teams, but it hasn't been awful. Some of our toughest games have come against Glenbrook south, New Trier, Waunakee, and Marquette. and lets be honest here hummel, as cool as those eastside guys are, they are not that good so beating them 10-2 is not that great of an accomplishment. but as for our schedule its not terribley easy, we have had some challenges. Now i haven't seen middleton or sun praire play yet this year, i'm gonna hold off on passing judgement about them, but again i'm gonna have to say that our defense can run with any offense in the state and at the very least make it damn tough for them to score.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:38 pm

ahsgoalie1 wrote:
i'm not gonna play the numbers game here, i've never been about stats like that, but i feel i must back up my d a little bit with all this. First of all, like hummel stated earlier our schedule has not been as solid as some of the madison teams, but it hasn't been awful. Some of our toughest games have come against Glenbrook south, New Trier, Waunakee, and Marquette. and lets be honest here hummel, as cool as those eastside guys are, they are not that good so beating them 10-2 is not that great of an accomplishment. but as for our schedule its not terribley easy, we have had some challenges. Now i haven't seen middleton or sun praire play yet this year, i'm gonna hold off on passing judgement about them, but again i'm gonna have to say that our defense can run with any offense in the state and at the very least make it damn tough for them to score.

When did you play the Glenbrook South and New Trier games? Doesn't show them for you on Laxpower. New Trier is pretty darn good BTW.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:49 pm

Coach_Goldberg wrote:
When did you play the Glenbrook South and New Trier games? Doesn't show them for you on Laxpower. New Trier is pretty darn good BTW.

they played those teams at a chicago machine event/tournament in late march. I know they beat GBS, but they did not fare as well against New Trier. Not sure on the scores, but numbers arent important right?
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:51 pm

bigpattyboy#3 wrote:
but numbers arent important right?

only the goals are
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 12:11 am

Not at all, wins/lossses count. We'll know the best team in the state in two weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:18 am

bigpattyboy#3 wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
Agreed, lets be real here and agree that Arrowhead doesnt play as many quality opponets as middleton or SP

dont count out marquette either. we played 4 of the top 50 teams in the midwest in late april, St. Ignatious of Chicago, St. John's out of Toledo, Brebeuf Jesuit out of Indianapolis and St. Xavier's out of Cincinnatti. when we played St. X's they were top 15 in the Midwest and top5 in Ohio. St. John's was top 25 in midwest and top 10 in Ohio when we played them. if you want to talk about the level of competition played, you've gotta look outside the state.

i've been in myrtle beach the past week and haven't read any of this stuff so forgive me for the random post, but st ignacious SUCKS really really bad. we beat them my sophomore year like 18-3
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Banter   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:32 am

It is very interesting to get everyone's take on the various teams around the the state. I must say, after playing just about all the teams mentioned, Middleton is the best balanced team we've played...Marquette is also good as is SP and Waunakee and certainly AHS...of course, any team can play great or poorly on any given day. It speaks well of the sport here in WI that there are so many high caliber teams who all, especailly those I mentioned, have a very strong shot at the state title go-round (unless some wild card sneaks in). Best of luck to you all
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 2:53 pm

Here's what I think. Since lacrosse is a sport, and this goes for all sports, each team has there good days and bad. One day Middleton will be the best team, the next they wont be. It's hard to say who is downright THE best.

We lost to New Trier 0-5
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 3:09 pm

AHSlax21 wrote:
Here's what I think. Since lacrosse is a sport, and this goes for all sports, each team has there good days and bad. One day Middleton will be the best team, the next they wont be. It's hard to say who is downright THE best.

I will definately agree with that statement and it can be applyed to any game in the state though some games are just way to much of a mismatch to set up an upset
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 5:15 pm

AHSLax 0-5?

A very strong showing for a school that has had lax for a few years going against a traditional midwest powerhouse.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:08 pm

Eclipse wrote:
AHSLax 0-5?

A very strong showing for a school that has had lax for a few years going against a traditional midwest powerhouse.

yea but who knows if they were playing there starters/best players the whole game. I wouldn't doubt that they would put in some of the kids who wouldn't see the field as much as during season. But I still would say those kids who are bench players for NT would for sure start around here.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:05 pm

Bay Port advances to second round of Bay Val conference playoffs as does Neenah, Wausau with the buy, and one result still to be shown between Appleton and Southwest

Wausau vs SW/Appleton
Bay Port vs Neenah
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 1:01 am

Keeper33 wrote:
Bay Port advances to second round of Bay Val conference playoffs as does Neenah, Wausau with the buy, and one result still to be shown between Appleton and Southwest

Wausau vs SW/Appleton
Bay Port vs Neenah

Wausau vs. Green Bay SouthWest.

GBSW-12
Appleton-6

i have no idea how this game went, i just happened upon the scores on www.laxpower.com about 5 min. ago.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 6:48 pm

It makes me so happy i saw it during my first class this morning. I am pretty sure most players in the Bay-Val (not on Appleton) have an incredible dislike for Appleton as a team since they are so cocky even though they are no longer as good as they think they are. plus their coach is not a nice guy
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2007 1:20 am

I didnt have a problem with Appleton when we played them, and there coach was very nice...so I don't know what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Playoffs   2007 Playoffs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2007 Playoffs
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next