Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best players in the state?

Go down 
+21
Nate
its all about the 3 b's
madcity31
Lefty019
PLYC4EVER252
laxplaya29
Jaron
Menasha54
krks34
bigpattyboy36
zack attack 12
ahsgoalie1
MUHS #30
LancerLax28
HockeyandLax
thedamnedfan
Keeper33
SiouxLax
RiDE
Jack
JordanEC23
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
madcity31
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Best players in the state? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2007 4:36 pm

That was not 16 playing goal in JV at stoughton, it was 45
Back to top Go down
its all about the 3 b's
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2007 6:36 pm

if middleton was to double or triple him theres still 2-3 younger guys who r the best stick handlers on the team. rob is the best on the team but i think there r other guys who if needed can step up
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2007 9:01 pm

There is no one else on that offense good enough to make Waunakee win a game vs a top 4 MALA team, if #16 doesn't shut down. "Stick handlers" and having a knack for scoring are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2007 10:18 pm

what does stick handling have to do with shooting? our best d-pole can cradle through 3 attackmen but he never scores. true you will say he is a d-pole but that is the easiest example of how a stick handle doesn't nessecarily mean a scorer.
shooting is about mixing power and accuracy and adding a dash of positioning to put yourself in a decent spot where you have a chance to score. many players do not have this combination though many have 2 of the elements down the accuracy seems the most elusive.
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2007 11:05 pm

Im sure you will say number 7 is it, one of waunakee's attacks, yeah but do you realize what the kids move is...he draws the defence out to the corner of the box on a man defense situation gets them to bite when he hangs his stick then draws it back in and curls to the inside to look for a shot...1 after he pulled it once, the defender/coaches should realize the kid does not have a strong right hand and likes driving left and 2 there better be a hard slide coming who will stop the kid before he even thinks of shooting. Agreed with the above guys statements, there are not very many good stick handler's on waunakee's team, unless they sat out when i saw them play...cause 16 and MAYBE(pushing it) 7(the attackman) are their only real scoring threats...simply put, keep two bodies between those two and you have yourself a win provided you can drop at least one ball in the net...thats just my .02
Back to top Go down
LancerLax28
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2007 11:39 pm

Is Robert playing Middie or Attack now? When we played them he was at Attack, but it seems like everyone is talking about him as a Middie, and I have to agree with everyone else saying, that they have good players on the team, but he is hands down the best player.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 8:38 am

He's played midfield every game I've reffed them.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 10:08 am

From what I saw at Stoughton they switch it up, wherever they need him it seems.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 12:36 pm

hes a great player but he lacks class, i think.
Back to top Go down
madcity31
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 12:44 pm

I know from past games, he only talks when someone else initiates the trash first.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 2:23 pm

He's among the quietest players I've ever seen. No pissing or moaning about anything,.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 3:16 pm

madcity31 wrote:
I know from past games, he only talks when someone else initiates the trash first.

so simple get in his head and his game will suffer
Back to top Go down
madcity31
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 3:57 pm

I dont think you understood my point keeper.however some players elevate their game when they know you're just trying to get to them.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 4:45 pm

How would you get in his head after he scores on you?
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 5:49 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
How would you get in his head after he scores on you?
"Robert you look fat in those shorts, and your mother's a bad cook!"
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 8:46 pm

RiDE wrote:
hes a great player but he lacks class, i think.

He doesn't lack class. The only time he wanted to do anything or get in anybodys face was when one of the freshmen got in his head and pissed him off. Robert plays well and controls himself. And he has class.

This is awkward.. i've never defended Waunakee until this year. Unfortunatly, our teams attitudes and mouths match those of Waunakee's last year..
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm

madcity31 wrote:
I dont think you understood my point keeper.however some players elevate their game when they know you're just trying to get to them.

nah only if you piss them off you need to make him nervous or otherwise off balance it should work lol
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2007 9:54 pm

im probably just wrong, judging by other peoples opinions. ive only played with him once, and its not like i was watching him all game.
Back to top Go down
yupitsme
Rookie
Rookie

Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2007 2:08 pm

Defense:
- Snapper (WEST)
- #24? (WANA)
- #?? (MID)

Waunakee doesn't have a #24 on their team. They do have a #28 though. He's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
yupitsme
Rookie
Rookie

Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2007 2:33 pm

sorry about the lateness i just made this name
Back to top Go down
midatlanticlax
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 1:40 am

best players in bay valley: top 2 players

attack- Dan LaFond (Neenah), Calleb Zyduck (Wausau)

middies- Alex Smith (NDA), no other "standouts"

defense- Dustin Heinrichs (Wausau), Rich Poirier (Wausau)

goalie- kid from wausau
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Quote :

SW Tom VanValkenburg is better than Calleb.
Also Andy Mader For Bay Port is a good midfielder too.
Alex Smith for ND is awsome at face-offs too. must be the name.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 pm

midatlanticlax wrote:

middies- Alex Smith (NDA), no other "standouts"

defense- Dustin Heinrichs (Wausau), Rich Poirier (Wausau)

goalie- kid from wausau

I disagree on attack because Brad (neenah), Tom (SW), and maybe his team mate Matt (#19) are better in my opinion, nothing against Caleb he is a great player and I like him from Brewtown and such but I've seen them all shoot. Brad and Tom are probably the 2 best shooting attack in the Bay Val

Middies : it was a bad year for stand outs but Andrew Mader was a standout

Defense: You gotta atleast consider Shroeder (NDA) and Hawkes (SW)

as for Wausaus goalie i never saw him truely tested but then again I didn't see them play neenah or SW
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:18 pm

I hear Wausau's goalie is really good and easily the best in Bay Val.
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 pm

Who is OC on Neenah, i heard he is damn good this year but he was terrible last year. I remember him taking a shot with intention to hit me because I got into his head and landed a good few slap checks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best players in the state?   Best players in the state? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best players in the state?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next