Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Badger State Games

Go down 
+22
Hummel18
Rasmussen(West)
mikeymo1923
Photoguy!
Nate
St. Michael
Lefty019
madhater
TaylorHaney22
Luke Davis 55
zack attack 12
Jaron
RiDE
Jack
JordanEC23
thedamnedfan
SiouxLax
LancerLax28
Keeper33
tidbits
DwinsChamps
referee
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Badger State Games - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:28 pm

Wow, it doesn't take much to get you fired up. Please go back and read what you wrote since you sound like a 2 year old going on and on about everyone being stupid and clueless and giving the impression that you've accomplished more than anyone ever will in terms of WI lacrosse. The facts are what.....you've played the game maybe four or five years...and that makes you an expert on lacrosse in WI. And to top it off.....this isn't even your battle. You don't play for SP or the combined team. You seriously need to get a life and focus on something other than lacrosse for 10 minutes.

I'm sure my coach will hear about your little rant....and prolly get a good laugh out of it. There's no reason he wouldn't considering the source.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:36 pm

madhater wrote:
Wow, it doesn't take much to get you fired up. Please go back and read what you wrote since you sound like a 2 year old going on and on about everyone being stupid and clueless and giving the impression that you've accomplished more than anyone ever will in terms of WI lacrosse. The facts are what.....you've played the game maybe four or five years...and that makes you an expert on lacrosse in WI. And to top it off.....this isn't even your battle. You don't play for SP or the combined team. You seriously need to get a life and focus on something other than lacrosse for 10 minutes.

I'm sure my coach will hear about your little rant....and prolly get a good laugh out of it. There's no reason he wouldn't considering the source.
While I'm glad you had no good response to what I had to say, it does make me laugh that you're commenting on me needing to get a life. Some of us have a full time job that they're at right now, not my fault I'm getting paid to be on here. And last time I checked, this was a quality thread until you tried to make a stab at people by saying "your silver looks nice next to your MALA championship trophy." I'm sure your coach will laugh, as will I laugh when I remember watching Arrowhead destroy you thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:43 pm

I thought my response was pretty good. Sorry it didn't live up to your standards. I'm glad to hear our game versus Arrowhead made your day. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm done battling you since it's gotten old, but make sure to promoting the game of lacrosse in WI through your constant non-sensical rants about how everyone is wrong and you're always right. Better yet, you should run for WLF president. I'm sure you'd take the game to another level. Good luck in life.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:47 pm

madhater wrote:
I thought my response was pretty good. Sorry it didn't live up to your standards. I'm glad to hear our game versus Arrowhead made your day. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm done battling you since it's gotten old, but make sure to promoting the game of lacrosse in WI through your constant non-sensical rants about how everyone is wrong and you're always right. Better yet, you should run for WLF president. I'm sure you'd take the game to another level. Good luck in life.

Hah, oh how a High School child can just burn me to the core. You've caught me, I'm going no where in life. And you're right, by coaching/reffing/playing I do nothing for lacrosse in this state. I'll be sure to live up to the Sun Prairie standards, complain and complain 'til we finally luck in to State. Then just get throttled. Then complain and complain some more, its the SP way.
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 2:01 pm

Butters who even is this kid that thinks hes soo good at lacrosse and knows so much more than you? I bet this kid has played for like 2 years haha.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 2:04 pm

Hah, I don't know, I'm just bored at work and it amused me to continue the argument.
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 2:05 pm

ya butters i wouldn't take him seriously, i don't even know why you feel the need to defend yourself against someone who obviously doesn't know what there talking about
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 4:31 pm

This fight is over. Any one else posts anything along these lines in here again plan on not coming back to WLF for a while.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 7:11 pm

Butters, you make me smile.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:31 pm

BSG was fun.
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 pm

no it wasn't lol!
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:27 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
Butters, you make me smile.
I do my best Michael.
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 10:38 am

tidbits that was the most unlucky schedule you guys could have got the first day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:20 am

i know, a first year team against the state tourny runner up and a stacked regents team. i blame sid Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 2:03 pm

wasnt SP somehow entered after the deadline, as well?
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 2:19 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 3:04 pm

6 teams is better than 5. That's probably what Pat was thinking when he let them sign up for it. Also seems alot easier to organize
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 3:35 pm

5 actually would have been better for how they did it. There would have been no teams playing a team twice during the weekend. You'd play all 4 other teams once, and you could have done a point basis (2 for win, 1 for tie, 0 for loss). Kind of dumb to have a clearly superior West team have to play SP twice, as it was to have SP play three games Sunday.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 9:41 pm

The Butters wrote:
5 actually would have been better for how they did it. There would have been no teams playing a team twice during the weekend. You'd play all 4 other teams once, and you could have done a point basis (2 for win, 1 for tie, 0 for loss). Kind of dumb to have a clearly superior West team have to play SP twice, as it was to have SP play three games Sunday.

Since the BSB this year was more like a mini-MALA tournament, it was best to have the team that won the conference (Sun Prairie) participating. Pat S. made the right decision to allow them in the tournament after the deadline, even though it did create a mess for awhile since the referees and teams had already been given the starting times with only 8 teams participating in the tournament (3 girls, 5 boys).

Anything would have been better than last year's fiasco. At least the Regents Plus team this year were all high school players, and all the teams seemed to have a good time competing against one another -- with the possible exception of the Janeville team which understandibly didn't stand a chance. Last year the Verona club sent a team of mainly college players to "compete" with the high school teams, under high school rules. The Regents team suprisingly took a close second and won silver. (Good for them.)

This year's BSG results are posted at www.madax.org
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 10:09 pm

Yeah, last year Jaron didnt score in the chamionship game. But alot of other guys did, but it was somewhat close from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 11:16 pm

Yea, Im not sure why that comment is relavant, but I do remember not caring a whole lot.

Last edited by on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 1:42 am

I also remember us abiding by the rules of the tournament, which I guess would make the organization of the tournament the "fiasco." I also remember there being a chunk of the talent on that team being high schoolers in myself, Jaron (who was one of our top two scorers) and Panosian (who didn't lose a faceoff in the tournament). Also, if I'm not mistaken, that Regent team from this year was not all high schoolers, I won't say names but I know for a fact that there was at least one college player on that team. Tad bit hypocritical, eh? Rules were made, we followed them.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 8:00 am

True enough. But 2006 BSGs 19 & under rule was a mistake. It should have been 18 and under. The V. Allumi team in 2006 exploited that mistake, to the detriment of competition in the games.

I heard some of the out-of-area teams who entered last year promised not to enter this year because of that lack of fairness last year. Based on the 2007 entrants (only Madison teams entered), they appeared to have followed through on that promise.

Moral: the existence of a loophole in the rules doesn't mean it has to be followed.

This year's games included a division for 19 and over to enter. This would have been a perfect forum for alumi team (like V. of last year) to enter and compete against other clubs' alumi teams. However, the possibility of that happening was eliminated early on, because someone (?) decided instead to form a team having the best allumi players from several area teams, which made it impossible for any other allumi teams to be formed.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 8:14 am

The Butters wrote:
... I know for a fact that there was at least one college player on that team. Tad bit hypocritical, eh? ...

One player on the Regents Plus team this year did graduated from H.S. last year, but the individual was still under the age of 19 years at tournament time. When asked about it, the BSGs approved his entry into the tournament. Besides, one player does not a whole team make.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 8:45 am

As for other WI teams not coming this year, it is unfortunate if some didn't attend because of some ill concieved notion of bias or unfairness. The first BSG session of lacrosse in 2006 had its glitches but the BSG folks worked to fix them...chalk it up to growing pains. If some teams elected not to come because of last year's issues and thus "make a statement", that's a shame. I know some coaches in Milwaukee and elsewhere stated they didn't know about the games but that's hard to understand since the BSG folks started touting it in March.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Badger State Games
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next