Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Badger State Games

Go down 
+22
Hummel18
Rasmussen(West)
mikeymo1923
Photoguy!
Nate
St. Michael
Lefty019
madhater
TaylorHaney22
Luke Davis 55
zack attack 12
Jaron
RiDE
Jack
JordanEC23
thedamnedfan
SiouxLax
LancerLax28
Keeper33
tidbits
DwinsChamps
referee
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
The Butt

Badger State Games - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 10:52 am

referee wrote:
When it comes right down to it, I'd have to say "yes", because without an adequate supply of US Lacrosse certified referees, the games can't be officially started.
You do realize you lose refs solely because of Sid right? And I do mean more than myself. So you're saying "yes" to an incompetent fool, who happens to train more refs to be incompetent (yes as the trainer of officials he's supposed to teach refs not read to them like five year olds), and no to numerous more refs that you would have without him. Unfortunately your vision on this issue is very close minded. While people like me and Storts are looking to the future, you continue to look at quick fixes to problems at hand. Honestly, I would have rather played half the games I did senior year, to have things done right, and that means get rid of Sid, and put someone in his place who is not bias, racist, or incompetent.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 11:01 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
... As one of the more experienced players in the state, I cannot sit by idly as Sid ruins the lacrosse experience of another generation of young players, and promulgates his appaling version of the NCAA rulebook to impressionable young referee's who mistakingly believe that Sid Flanders is competent....

"Ruins the lacrosse experience of another generation of young players"? Seems like an exaggeration to me - or maybe an obsession. Regardless, I just think there is more harm to come out of this than good, so I wish it would stop.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 11:07 am

Wait, Referee, I'm confused.

One minute you're saying:
Quote :
...the Channel 4 News Team...effectively prevented clubs from forming their own teams (like Verona did last year).
and the next minute you're saying:
Quote :
there is no way of knowing for sure...(if teams would have entered the BSG tourney had CH4 News not existed.)
What an interesting stance, to think that while interest in the tournament was unknown, our team was the sole-cause of the lack of participation. And another thing...

How did the Verona alumni team prevent other teams from playing in BSG????? We had all Verona kids, and if memory serves, one Marquette and one Middleton player.

I bet you're upset that our Channel 4 News Team opted not to attend the BSG this year.

And if you think I'm exaggerating about Sid's detriment to the league, than perhaps you should inquire the opinion of people you trust more; I'm certain that Nick and Ryan will provide you with truthful insight regarding Sid Flanders.

Last edited by on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 11:11 am

referee wrote:
"Ruins the lacrosse experience of another generation of young players"? Seems like an exaggeration to me - or maybe an obsession. Regardless, I just think there is more harm to come out of this than good, so I wish it would stop.
You've never lost a game because of Sid, so really you should have no bearing in this matter. You've never heard him tell you "I've never heard of four longpoles" or "Inadvertent whistle" or tell you as speaking captain "I don't want to hear from you" or worse "3 minute non releasable throwing the cross" (when two players switched sticks from one foot away). He butchers any flow to the game, and takes the outcome of the game out of the players hands. Honestly, your opinion should not matter in the least bit, because as coordinator of officials in Madison, you couldn't even side with us if you wanted to. So sorry, but really, what you're saying won't stop anything, all you're doing is adding fuel to our fire.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 1:30 pm

The Butters wrote:
referee wrote:
You've never lost a game because of Sid, so really you should have no bearing in this matter. You've never heard him tell you "I've never heard of four longpoles" or "Inadvertent whistle" or tell you as speaking captain "I don't want to hear from you" or worse "3 minute non releasable throwing the cross" (when two players switched sticks from one foot away). He butchers any flow to the game, and takes the outcome of the game out of the players hands. Honestly, your opinion should not matter in the least bit, because as coordinator of officials in Madison, you couldn't even side with us if you wanted to. So sorry, but really, what you're saying won't stop anything, all you're doing is adding fuel to our fire.

I don't know what you're talking about. But I do know that it's what the referee calls during the game that matters, not how he explains the call after he has made it. So unless his call is waived off by the lead official, his call must stand no matter what you get him to say afterwards.

So why don't you just let it go and eat some crow? It won't kill you to eat it just this one time. There are more important things to do beside go after your personal nemesis.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:01 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:

How did the Verona alumni team prevent other teams from playing in BSG????? We had all Verona kids, and if memory serves, one Marquette and one Middleton player.

It was a carry-over effect. I heard that non MALA teams decided not to enter BSG this year because of the way Verona stacked its team last year with college players. Although they were honest about it (by calling themselves the Verona Allumni), it didn't change the unfairness of the whole situation.

As for your first two questions, what part of them don't you understand? They seem consistent to me.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:09 pm

referee wrote:
I heard that non MALA teams decided not to enter BSG this year because of the way Verona stacked its team last year with college players.
That's a bold faced lie, you were right there as Pat Shea told both you and me, that Green Bay couldn't find the numbers for their team this year and apologized for not coming. Whereas Milwaukee Select had better tournaments to do, and was also unaware of Badger State games as was pointed out at the tournament. Stop trying to come on here and act like your authority extends to these forums.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:14 pm

The Butters wrote:
referee wrote:
I heard that non MALA teams decided not to enter BSG this year because of the way Verona stacked its team last year with college players.
That's a bold faced lie, you were right there as Pat Shea told both you and me, that Green Bay couldn't find the numbers for their team this year and apologized for not coming. Whereas Milwaukee Select had better tournaments to do, and was also unaware of Badger State games as was pointed out at the tournament. Stop trying to come on here and act like your authority extends to these forums.

I don't know what your talking about. I only know what I heard. Calm down.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:18 pm

The Butters wrote:
Ok let's just get this out there, you are an absolute moron. You do realize, you're supporting bad calls, and poor officiating. But you're right it wouldn't kill me to eat some "crow" and let this go, but it would kill the sport, Sid is a cancer to the game and you support it. It's absolutely sickening. I still can't fathom how you're supporting a guy who is BANNED from reffing in the only true organized league in this area. Would you like to know why he was banned, his ignorance and bias got a kid a concussion, and almost wound up injuring a goalie up in MCLA because of his refusal to blow a whistle while his chest protector was undone. That kid could have seriously died, and this isn't just ignorant rage, he could have died. You do not allow play to go on when a goalie's equipment status is compromised. It's unfortunate to see that MALA's ref coordinator supports abuse of players.

If US Lacrosse hasn't taken away his certification, I have no way of knowing what you say is valid. It could be just hearsay. "Put up or shut up" would be my response to that.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:29 pm

referee wrote:
I don't know what your talking about. I only know what I heard. Calm down.
Ignorance is bliss when you're trying to prove a point isn't it? I'll trust the tournament director over your "hearsay". Like you said, put up or shut up. In your case option two would be best suited.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Perhaps I could have let this argument takes its course had certain people chose to argue in different ways. Since this thread is no longer about Badger State at all anymore, this thread is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Games   Badger State Games - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Badger State Games
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7