Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MALA Select Team

Go down 
+10
LancerLax28
HockeyandLax
bigpattyboy36
tidbits
tdarcy
thedamnedfan
JordanEC23
Nate
Lefty019
Jaron
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 1:42 pm

Which of you guys are going out for this? I was on the first year they did it, my Junior year, and we had a pretty nasty team. Im not even sure if they did it my senior year when I was in Saint Louis, but now its back!

Coach Shea is running it (Vermont, D1) and I think if the best players go out, you guys should field a pretty solid team. Anyone going/go to the tryout?
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 2:59 pm

this is off topic but shea played D1? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Eric Kind is going to be there.

And yes, Pat played DI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 3:36 pm

is anyone else from our team (stoughton)?
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Not that I'm doing it, but when do they try out for it anyways?
Back to top Go down
The Butt

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Pretty sure it's tonight.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 12:36 am

Try outs were tonight and they're having another one tuesday
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 1:29 am

I was going to try out, but I had to drive to Kansas City today... so I couldnt go.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 9:41 am

Coach Shea extended the try-out to next Tuesday because most of the Madison HS had finals. It is a great opportnity whether you make the squad or not...next set of try-outs are at Reindahl Park on the east side next Tuesday at 6 (try to be there by 5:45)
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 9:49 am

i would have tried out(even though i probably wouldn't make it), except for the fact that it's somewhere around $580 if you want to play
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 11:49 am

tidbits wrote:
i would have tried out(even though i probably wouldn't make it), except for the fact that it's somewhere around $580 if you want to play

only 580? it's somewhere around 1200 to do the milwaukee select team... whoops!
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-14

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 12:05 pm

on Milwaukee's you get new equipment and do three tournaments, practices every week.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 1:50 pm

For the Madison group: there will be weekly practices, at least two scrimmages and then a trip to the Chicago Select tourney in July. Uniforms will be provided. If cost is an issue contact Coach Shea.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm

Guys you have to remember you're paying for first class coaching and great exposure in the Chicago tournament. Honestly, I would have killed to have this opportunity last year, if you want to play in college in the future this is definately something you should at least tryout for.
Back to top Go down
LancerLax28
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 23

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 4:18 pm

I was there yesterday, and we would really liek to see mroe kids come out and try it. Even if you don't think you will make it, it is worth a shot. Also, the touny will be sick, so the (about) 500 dollars won't be that bad. If you want to be seen or jsut get better, it would be best to try out.

Also, if anyone knows some SP kids talk to them, none of them showed up.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 5:13 pm

if i had a spare 1000 to spend i'd do it, but alas, i need to pay for college next year Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:06 am

I went out to watch the Madison tourney team practice last night...they looked pretty good but are still in that "getting used to each other" phase. They had a decent scrimmage against the Channel Four News team and played pretty well. It is always good to see kids from different teams come together to play...hopefully, as they continue practice, they'll gel more and play well down in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:49 pm

Thats usually a standard with select teams. Western Springs and those sort of teams never have graduated seniors, their teams are usually developmental or for recruiting. Not much of a need to do that for the kids who have graduated.
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:52 pm

bigpattyboy#3 wrote:
if i had a spare 1000 to spend i'd do it, but alas, i need to pay for college next year Embarassed .

I think its a pay by tournament basis, and for all three comes to 850 i believe. And milwaukee's select team has a rule that no graduating seniors are aloud on the team.
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 10:12 pm

tdarcy wrote:
I went out to watch the Madison tourney team practice last night...they looked pretty good but are still in that "getting used to each other" phase.

I know what you mean. They looked like they weren't hitting on all cylinders right now. I think acouple more practices and they will start to gel.

I posted acouple shots up on our webpage http://crossczech.smugmug.comand IM working on getting some of the red cast out of them as the sunlight behind me was getting funky with my White balance.

We aren't going to be able to come and shoot practice the next couple of weeks as Colorado will be calling our name for vacation. But when you guys find out what time and field in Chicago the scrimage is going to be at please get ahold of us if Pat forgets to drop me an email.

Ross
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 5:39 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
bigpattyboy#3 wrote:

I think its a pay by tournament basis, and for all three comes to 850 i believe. And milwaukee's select team has a rule that no graduating seniors are aloud on the team.

when you figure in travel exspenses(sp?) it will add up to well over a grand.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 10:01 pm

where does Coach Shea coach? Any chance someone could get me his email or phone number?
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
The Butt

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 1:43 am

Pretty sure he works through Lacrosse America, he's probably on their site somewhere. Also I'm sure Coach Darcy has his info.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 3:02 am

Anyone on here have an update on how the MALA Select Team is workin out?
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-02

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 10:50 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
Anyone on here have an update on how the MALA Select Team is workin out?

They play a scrimmage against the Milwaukee select team next week. You can find out who is on "Team Madison", and when and where they practice, by going to the lacrosseamerica.com web site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MALA Select Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team Empty

Back to top Go down

MALA Select Team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next