Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MALA Select Team

Go down 
+10
LancerLax28
HockeyandLax
bigpattyboy36
tidbits
tdarcy
thedamnedfan
JordanEC23
Nate
Lefty019
Jaron
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

MALA Select Team - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 12:32 am

referee wrote:
thedamnedfan wrote:
Anyone on here have an update on how the MALA Select Team is workin out?

They play a scrimmage against the Milwaukee select team next week. You can find out who is on "Team Madison", and when and where they practice, by going to the lacrosseamerica.com web site.

time?place? i know a few guys on the milwaukee team and i'll need stuff to do next week.
Back to top Go down
referee
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 9:37 am

bigpattyboy#3 wrote:
referee wrote:
thedamnedfan wrote:
Anyone on here have an update on how the MALA Select Team is workin out?

They play a scrimmage against the Milwaukee select team next week. You can find out who is on "Team Madison", and when and where they practice, by going to the lacrosseamerica.com web site.

time?place? i know a few guys on the milwaukee team and i'll need stuff to do next week.

Game on July 12th in Milwaukee against an all star team from the surroundimg area At 6:30pm. Not sure on location.
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 11:01 pm

Yea we would like to know where that game is plus if anyone knows if there is going to be a scrimage game on the 14th in Chicago at all that Pat was talking about also?

Ross
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 11:47 pm

I really wish you would have got another Stoughton game in, I as well as my parents would have loved some sweet prints.
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 9:27 am

thedamnedfan wrote:
I really wish you would have got another Stoughton game in, I as well as my parents would have loved some sweet prints.

Well hopefully you haven't graduated because next year we plan on being at alot of games to shoot.

And we probably will hire 2 more photographers by that time so we can shoot 2 games a night.

Ross
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 10:14 am

So do the coaches pay you to shoot the games or do you guys just randomly go there and shoot them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 1:06 pm

The first game which was yours to be exact we just walked up and asked the coaches if we could shoot. Then from there parents have gone to our site and purchased photos. Then we would email then and see if they would like for us to shoot other games.

And it's just been word of mouth from that point.

As we got talking and knowing more of the players they and we just kept asking each other questions, and also asking where the next games were and when so we could come and shoot.

So it has gone from there.

Because Fiance' and I both have a hockey background (playing and coaching) the transition from Hockey to Lacrosse was easy. All we have to do is deal with lighting (Sun vs. Indoor Halogen or Tungeston). I never played competitivly, just up in Canada for fun when I used to attend hockey schools.

I have officiated Hockey (Roller and Ice) for years and 2 years ago I attended the MALA officiating meeting when they were looking for more help. I finally got the rest of the concept of how the game is played when I was handed the folder with the rule book inside.

When I played up at the hockey camps it was just beat the snot out of the other guy if he had the ball. They only gave us acouple basic rules and let us have at it.

Ross
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm

So it is confirmed then that tomorrow July 12th, the MALA Select team will be playing Team Milwaukee at Burleigh Elementary School in Brookfield.

Game is scheduled at 6:30pm I hear also.

I will be there alone shooting this game and should have shots up by Friday night for people interested.

Ross
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 1:55 am

OK so who won the game last night?

I was there and was under the assumption that Madison did (and I was stupid and didn't ask). I had to leave quick so I could get the shots done by tomorrow.

Ross
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 2:50 am

Madison won 12 - 7 I belive?
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 pm

correct...milwaukee plays like a typical select team, a lot of guys not playing together...its hard to beat a team that has the duo on attack one feeding right to the other combining for over half the points...especially when your defense doesn't communicate slides two guys and too early
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:00 pm

yea I actually had the goalie send me an email that they won.

Does anyone have an actual schedule yet of when the games will be on Friday?

We are leaving to get down there to shoot but didn't know when the first one was.

Give me a heads up if anyone knows.

Ross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MALA Select Team   MALA Select Team - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MALA Select Team
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2