Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008

Go down 
+43
laxmehard
SB
LAXOFFICIAL
elfman5
gfields5
flow936
Neenahlax2
Ron Mexico
s1erra 7i2
WausauLax49
KevinBice
Umich2KM
Butters
madhater
veronalax33
Milwaukeelax25
Coach_Goldberg
DwinsChamps
foxmotox643
bigpattyboy36
mkexlax
SiouxLax
Hugo43
kmlax26
snhu21
RiDE
Coach Karstaedt
mmhs089
schnirro4
Guru
Jack
Lefty019
krks34
Jaron
Hummel18
tidbits
Nate
MUHS #30
relicdavis
thedamnedfan
madhater2
St. Michael
packleader
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Jack wrote:
Wausau graduated Calleb Zyduck... he's quite the player

He plays for us, UW-Milwaukee
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:37 pm

alrite... many people r talking about Stoughton... my question is y? how did they do last year, why do people predict such great things* I dont mean it as sarcasim im serious whats the deal with stoughton r they for real???
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:57 pm

You probably just see that because we have quite a few of Stoughton players on our boards. None of us know much about the caliber of the team, but, we can't hold any judgments, they claim to be a solid contender. I believe them until I see otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Let me make some generalizations: Tony is from stoughton. Therefore they suck at everything, but are good at being emo.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:08 pm

so wat do u guys think of stoughton... as in non stoughton players how do u guys feel they will do this year?
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Hard for me to say, seeing as I go to college in Saint Louis, its hard for me to tell.

Based off what I know about players they have, I do not think they can win the MALA, nor do I think they will be the worst team. I am looking to see them go around .500 in MALA, and finish 4-5th.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:18 pm

They've yet to prove themselves a contender in the MALA. Since 2004 they've won 6 conference games. That comes out to less than 2 a season. The past three conference champs have had 9 (verona 2004), 13 (verona 2005), 13 (middleton 2006), and 15 (sun prairie 2007).

Stoughton will need to win more games this spring than the combined wins in the history of their program (maybe even double) to win their division, and will have to string together a winning streak longer then the longest in team history (which is 2 games) JUST TO MAKE IT to the final four. I'm not saying they can't/wont do it, but what do they have to convince me otherwise? I saw them lose vs Middleton last year, by a score of 10-2. This was an extremely off game on Middletons end, and still handily beat Stoughton. They had 4 wins last year, and three of them were against the 8th 9th and 10th teams in the division. (may i remind you there were 10 total teams).

We'll see in the next few months if all the talk i've been hearing (mostly from Nate/odysseybmx) is legit or if its just a bunch of nonsensical unsupported jibber jabber that sometimes can pop up on message boards such as these.

-JP
Back to top Go down
Milwaukeelax25
Rookie
Rookie
Milwaukeelax25

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:30 pm

I agree, Stoughton has really never proved themselves at least to my vision. Sure they have had problems with coaching and the loss of players, but after the seniors of the verona dynasty left, including their coach after spring 2005, the spring 2006 team had maybe 2 or three starters returning and still was able to round up a 3rd place finish in the regular season.
Back to top Go down
http://teams.lax.com/team_page.phtml?team_id=3382
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Stoughton will win a maximum of 4 games. 6 of their 10 games are against probably top 5 teams in the state. Winning just one of those games would be an absolute stretch. Unless they've doubled in talent from last year and recruited a goalie who can move outside of the crease, 4 is their maximum. This is still assuming they can overcome an always solid LaFollette team, twice.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 pm

I think goalie may kill them, I havnt seen him play in a while, and he isn't a mover. Though their defense has become quite strong, as well as their attack isnt looking bad.

As for Lafolette, both games at the end of the season, both in season and at BSG, Stoughton won (I know BSG isnt as important, but both teams were lacking people in some manner.)

Good luck to Stoughton though, I just wanna hear how they do. Apparentally doing extremely well in indoor.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Whitewater_Lacrosse wrote:
Stoughton will win a maximum of 4 games. 6 of their 10 games are against probably top 5 teams in the state. Winning just one of those games would be an absolute stretch. Unless they've doubled in talent from last year and recruited a goalie who can move outside of the crease, 4 is their maximum. This is still assuming they can overcome an always solid LaFollette team, twice.

Butters.. you're an outstanding goalie.. but you're a cheerleader, enough said.

But I really don't care what is being said about my team. All I know is we're looking good so far. And I don't think any of us on here have stated that we're a contender in the MALA. Being near the bottom for the past few years basically says we aren't. But seriously guys.. lets stop all this talk about Stoughton until we hit season. Trust me on this one though, we aren't going to be the same Stoughton team. You'll see what i'm talking about soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Nate if you dont care what people say about your team then why do you always respond when stoughton is mentioned, I got to say I'm sick of all the talk about stoughton too, i guess we will all find out whats up this season
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:55 pm

alrite enough about stoughton lets talk about Arrowhead... or Kettle Moraine or Milw. Eastside... any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 am

Is Kettle Moraine really a contender? I've never seen them play or even heard about them being good...

I think Eastside and Marquette will be the contenders in the MALL
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:03 am

KM finished 4th last year *which was there 1st year* arrowhead finish 1st along with the state crown, marquette finished 3rd, and eastside 2nd *B4 the conf tourny that is* but KM was dominated by juniors and there soph class was quite good, the same can b said for Arrowheads soph. class. Marquette has the historic program *for wisconsin lacrosse that is lol i realize its not JD or any of those NY schools and eastside still has Joe!
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:15 am

Jack wrote:
Is Kettle Moraine really a contender? I've never seen them play or even heard about them being good...

I think Eastside and Marquette will be the contenders in the MALL

I wouldn't say Eastside is going to be a contender, it will be between AHS and MUHS. Eastside just has one threat, Joe. Besides him the rest of the team is decent, but I don't think they have the depth that you need in a sport like lacrosse. One player can only get you so far.

Marquette is basiclly the same team as last year, they were solid then and wil l be a solid crew again this year. They have plenty of individual talent, but while playing them they didn't really play like a team as much as they could've

I don't see why you're counting out AHS. This isn't coming from bias, but their offense is pretty much unchanged from last year, they graduated a total of 4 offensive players, 2 being starters...not a big loss in my eyes. My ONLY concern with AHS will be having a BRAND defensive crew. They will have one underclassman returning. The new defense will have to learn how to play together and with the team. Goalie is another concern, but there's nothing you can do about that, you either have a good goalie or you don't so the season will let us know.

Overall I say the Milwaukee spot is between AHS and MUHS. If AHS can fill the defensive gaps, I think they will take it. If MUHS can get there team playing like one, I think MUHS will take it. If both teams get those done...it'll be one hell of a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 am

I dont think KM can challenge this year for 1st place. The only reason that they got fourth is because they have a slightly athletic school, Brookfield, Kenosha, USM, Westsids, come on not a very competitive field. They'll be battling for second behind Arrowhead or Marquette.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 am

i dont think KM can win the conf but i think they can get 2nd possibly... they r top 3 for sure and they were dominated by juniors last year... there seniors didnt play they lost i think 2 starters... and gained one who was suppose to start as goalie but broke his shoulder or something in a tourny right b4 the year so he couldnt play all season *so hes back
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 am

I was there when Keith broke his collarbone, he's decent. But I would still put my money on this order.

1. AHS
1. MUHS
3. Eastside
4. KM
5. USM
6. Northshore
7. Brookfield
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am

but also our second year is much different than coming into a game uve never seen on tv and half ur team had just heard the other half thought was cool so thats y they sign up... lol will make a big difference r we great hah far from it, but im saying we have the pieces to b a good team *if we can get the chemistry down the JV last year had that, the varsity not at all *they didnt get along wtih each other from a few of the seniors took the sport as a joke coming to every practice hammered or baked doesnt help *or doing that on the bus to a game doesnt either lol!* since there gone i think the unity part can come together but idk they could b good we have some decent players who have gotten much better over the year, select, and indoor, but we still arnt number one, but i think we can beat eastside
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 2:51 pm

That is an excellent point, who is your coach at KM thats the only thing i think would be the weak point.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 3:46 pm

They have a solid coach.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Nate wrote:
Butters.. you're an outstanding goalie.. but you're a cheerleader, enough said.
And you're a second stringer on a third rate team. But let's not get personal right? Same crap happened to me my senior year when everyone said Verona would suck, we got 3rd in MALA not just a division of MALA. I went out and proved it on the field, talk to me when you do the same.

Edit: To stay on subject. I reffed KM a couple times last year, if they put a few things together, they're for real. Coach seemed pretty solid, but I didn't really know who he was so thats about all I can say.

Last edited by Whitewater_Lacrosse on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 4:22 pm

We open vs KM, if anyone wants it taped i can post it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm

^^ yes please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008   Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin High School Favorites in 2008
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next