Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week of 4/20

Go down 
+34
timpone!
CrownLaxer
Jaron
thecorster1234
Coach_Goldberg
Lefty019
thedamnedfan
Hugo43
JordanEC23
mkexlax
Ron Mexico
Brenzi
Lax11
flow936
AHSlax21jr
Jack
foxmotox643
Butters
krks34
Hummel18
Milw > Mad
Coach Z
Guru
Neenahlax2
The Big Dipper
relicdavis
wiMiddie
bigpattyboy36
laxmehard
SiouxLax
WausauLax49
Nate
gfields5
ahslax36
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lax11
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Week of 4/20 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Hummel18 wrote:
Lax11 wrote:
Midlax20 wrote:
he's #18, he's sick... he played for Boys Latin High... and they have been in the nations top 10 for like the last 5 years

Not trying to take anything from Hummel, he is a great player, but I'm pretty sure he didn't play for Boy's Latin unless somehow he played in 8th grade on the varsity team.

Well looks like you need to do more research about me becaue you know absloulty nothing. i played for BL my freshmen year and begining of sophmore year and i was the points leader on that team too. and not to take anything from you but i gaurentee maybe a handfull of kids from this state could play in that program.

And to the kid who said there is soo many attackmen better than me, i would love to know who becasue if there is any they are on my team.

My bad, i swear i saw you play then, sorry about that. But did you play for BL varsity or JV?
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:58 pm

JV, only one freshemn has ever made varsity at BL and he is currently a starting attackmen for the university of maryland.

And to the other kid again, when have you ever seen me play. was i asleep or sumtin..and i gaurentee i have a faster shot than whoever your talking about
Back to top Go down
laxmehard
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Sean Gebhard (Marquette) has an absolutely sick stick with really a rocket for a shot. Danny Myers (Marquette), while not the most well liked person in the world, is a very strong dodger that can put the ball in the back of the net just as well if not better than anyone else in state. Jesse Frank (Arrowhead) is one of the best crease attackman in state and does a phenomenal job scoring from within close.

Also, Joe Botticelli has just as good if not better skills as Hummel. I understand Jack that you are just defending your hometown boy, and I am not denying that Hummel is a strong player, though I think making a overarching claim like "no-one is as good as Hummel" is just ridiculous, because I know that you have not seen many of the players from other areas in the state play this year. A lot of these less advertised, but up and coming players have just as good of skills as Hummel.[/quote]

ya i think anyone of those players (especially sean and joe) have just as good if not better lacrosse skills than hummel, no offense to him, i think he prolly is one of the best attackmen in MALA
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Having seen all the people mentioned play...I will still say Hummel is the best player. Sure his stats might not show it or you might just say everyone is over rating him. When I saw him play last year he made fools of the defense and could place a shot like no one I have seen do in WI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Hummel ever radar your shot?
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:09 pm

I've seen Geb. and Joe play. Trust me here, just trust me.

I'm not defending my hometown boy, I've been saying this since Nick played for West
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 pm

I've seen Gebhardt, while he is a great player, he is no where near Hummel. Not even close. You guys put too much on the points people put up. As a sophomore at West he was one of the top 3 attackmen I ever faced, easily.
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:11 pm

relicdavis wrote:
Hummel ever radar your shot?

93 MPH
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Hummel, I never denied that you are a good player. I haven't seen you play since two summers ago and am basing my knowledge off of multiple friends who played against you over the summer. I am just saying that it is kind of difficult to make these type of judgements when I don't believe any of the aforementioned players have played in the same game as each other...at least not for some time.

Sean is literally a completely different player from last year, as he has really utilized his talent and taken him to a completely different level. I think many of you will be surprised to see him play this year. So I would just ask all of us to hold back judgements until a little later into the year when we can see these players playing against each other in action.

As I have said many times, lets wait until May 3rd. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:29 pm

May 3rd...is that when you play Middleton?
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:34 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
May 3rd...is that when you play Middleton?

Yup. The day after we play Arrowhead...what a sweet weekend
Back to top Go down
Brenzi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:46 pm

I think that Tom Vanvalkenberg (I know I spelled that wrong) from Green Bay Southwest should be on the list too... He is a total beast and anyone who played on Milwaukee Select this year saw that first hand... as well as the Madison Select team...
Back to top Go down
AHSlax21jr
Freshman
Freshman
AHSlax21jr

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 pm

"Silver Surfer" yeah, Toms good.
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 pm

Yeah tom is great. Also Hummels good and every body knows it that is why he isn't scoring goals. how many teams had the balls just to play one on one with him, without the quick slide, double teams or a whole week spent trying to stop one guy. If you still couldn't stop him a) he should skip college and go strait pro or b) you should consider playing a jv schedule.

And who cares if he is or isn't the best player in the state. he is just a high school kid just like all of us(except for thous in college). to use basketball tyler hansboro or Michael Beasley were the best two players in the country. did the make the championship game, no, because its a team sport. it came down to the more balanced teams like Kansas and Memphis. If you dont like team sports play golf or tennis where all the pressure to win is on you and only you. not hating them I give mad props to Tiger. But the only why to win it all is as a team.

and hummel that frosh who made varsity was Travis Reed, Right? that kid is sick and has some awesome flow.
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:24 pm

I did try and say that this mornign if u didnt read that so i agree with u on its a team sport and everything.

And actually no trav transfered from Mcdoungh junior year. the fros was Brett Weiss he plays football and lax for MD. there was a three page article about in lacrosse magizine a while ago. he had to step in for a senior that gto hurt the second game on the season adn as a freshmen, freshmen i said, had 77 points on the season.
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Hummel18 wrote:

And actually no trav transfered from Mcdoungh junior year. the fros was Brett Weiss he plays football and lax for MD. there was a three page article about in lacrosse magizine a while ago. he had to step in for a senior that gto hurt the second game on the season adn as a freshmen, freshmen i said, had 77 points on the season.

oh that was my second guess JK. thats cool 77 points in the MIAA as a freshman is amazing. quick note I just thought of it, I was not saying Middleton is unbalanced and not going to win because of that. Actually i like seeing others step up and not ride your success. Hummel I was not hatin' on you either, Boys Latin every kid in this state wishes the could even try out for them. So don't mind these fools they're just jealous.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:37 pm

To quote Destinys Child:

"Haters; they gon' hate"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
flow936
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Jack wrote:
flow936 wrote:
Whitewater_Lacrosse wrote:
I could make an argument that there's no better attackman in MALA. Middleton loses one game on a close call and suddenly Hummel isn't good? It's a long season, try not to piss off someone who has the ability to score 10 goals on you.

haha there are definately better attackman then hummel. no question

Really? Like who?

If you are going to make such a claim, please back it up with a name.

Noone has the skills that Nick does in this state. Noone.

Just like fields said,

Danny Myers, senior attackman at marquette has been a large contributer for 3 years, and led the team in goals and assists last year...
He also has 13 goals in 3 games this season

Sean Gebhard, a sophmore who has a absolute rocket shot, had five goals against bayport saturday without even playing the whole game, he is probably one of the most developed players in the state right now as a sophmore, and when its all said and done he could easily been considered one of the best players wisconsin has seen
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:39 pm

If Hummel is as great as HE personally claims he is--93 MPH shot, leading JV scorer at BL, etc--why can't he put up points in Wisconsin? A 93 MPH gets you a spot on numerous DII and DIII EMO units, but apparently not any notable stats in WI HS lacrosse 2008 season. If the tools are there, why haven't they been put into action against a pretty weak schedule thus far (wins against unranked Regents and Memorial, and a loss to ranked Waunakee)?

If you compare this to Marquette's schedule of all ranked opponents, and the points produced by Danny Meyers and an injured Sean Gebhard, their efforts are far more impressive. When comparing the 5 goals and 2 assists against Bayport with limited field time, versus a big showing against Memorial, I would too give the nod to Sean Gebhard.

Last edited by mkexlax on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 pm

mkexlax wrote:
If Hummel is as great as HE personally claims he is--93 MPH shot, leading JV scorer at BL, etc--why can't he put up points in Wisconsin? A 93 MPH gets you a spot on most DII and DIII EMO units, but apparently not any notable stats in WI HS lacrosse 2008 season. If the tools are there, why haven't they been put into action against a pretty weak schedule thus far (wins against unranked Regents and Memorial, and a loss to ranked Waunakee)?

If you compare this to Marquette's schedule of all ranked opponents, and the points produced by Danny Meyers and an injured Sean Gebhard, their efforts are far more impressive. When comparing the 5 goals and 2 assists against Bayport with limited field time, versus a big showing against Memorial, I would too give the nod to Sean Gebhard.

Stats mean nothing...

If this thread keeps going on as a 'Hummel is not as good as people say' thread it'll be locked.
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Well, stats do mean something. You win a lacrosse game by putting more points on the board than your opponent. Tewaarton finalists are ALWAYS determined by personal stats and the statistical success of their team. When was the last time someone won the Tewaarton without leading their team or their respective position in some offensive category? Without stats, judging talent would be the most subjective job ever. Stats are used to quantify success...
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Hummel isn't up for the Tewaarton. Who cares how many goals he has, how many assists he has? If he went one on one with you, I would put my money on him.

The Hummel discussion is over.
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:51 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
If he went one on one with you, I would put my money on him.

Well, if you're going to throw your money away like that, at least donate it to charity.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 pm

It's quite funny to me that people come on here to talk trash about a guy who clearly hasn't done anything wrong (while they hide behind their faceless screen names) and knows that it's really about the wins for the team and not the goals for himself.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
It's quite funny to me that people come on here to talk trash about a guy who clearly hasn't done anything wrong (while they hide behind their faceless screen names) and knows that it's really about the wins for the team and not the goals for himself.

agreed. You guys are way over analyzing. Ya some guys are good all season, and some are off and on. You guys need to stop soloing out people and give credit to units. Goalies, attack, middies. All i come on and see is a debate who is the best, whos not and why. How can you even judge that? Hs lacrosse in wi isn't televised, so how can you possible judge someone without having seen them in every game or at least 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week of 4/20
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next