Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bullrush Tournament

Go down 
+37
ahslax36
CrownLaxer
badingin
Shsdefense#6
s1erra 7i2
tdarcy
AHSLAXISBALLIN
MoneyGoalie24
madhater
69midlax
KevinBice
Lefty019
WausauLax49
The Big Dipper
elfman5
wiMiddie
Jaron
laxmehard
tidbits
Butters
Jack
thedamnedfan
LancerLax28
WiscoLax
DwinsChamps
RiDE
gbpackers12
SiouxLax
veronalax33
Photoguy!
gfields5
JordanEC23
bigpattyboy36
relicdavis
LancerGK
Hummel18
Nate
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySat May 17, 2008 11:17 pm

It is a tournament. So I dont thinks its low. The three wanted to play, so the took the opportunity to do so.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySat May 17, 2008 11:17 pm

relicdavis wrote:
game is over lets move on... anyone know all the games for tomorrow?

No no no, you can't initiate the moving on, you started it all bro
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySat May 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Regents 10 J'vlle 4...Janesville was impressive in the fist half...halftime score was 5-4 Regents...pulled away in the second half. Play Arrowhead Sun morning...that'll be a very tough one
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySat May 17, 2008 11:36 pm

relicdavis wrote:
Janesvile 12 St.Louis Park 5
Janesville 3 Regents 9 ( was 3-3 at one point, 5-2 at half)
Janesville 5 Stoughton + 3 middleton players (hummel, a dpole, and a middie) 7 or 8. Middleton had 2 guys in the whole game, besides the last few mins, hummel scored 2 or 3, and the other guy scored one?
Thats all i know.

Then nate said
" Hummel scored 2 and Kelso scored 1. That was all they did. Either way we still would have beaten you guys. I like how your whole team was complaining." - I know nate i like him hes fine so didn't know it would start all this bickering, but you can't say something when it never happened. And if i didn't agree with what stoughton did, i wouldnt' had stepped in the goal, or said Ra Ra stoughton, or shaken all their hands, or even teased hummel and nate, why because its a game, and knowing they are missing a good day to play lacrosse ya i would want to play too. So jack, i am sorry. But i was just trying to defend my team because i think for the most part we did a very good job, and we focused to much on this. Its over and done with. I am sorry
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:00 am

so does anyone know the standings?
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:14 am

Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 2500393499_cc3ee1b872_o
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:57 am

I have no idea who i heard from that said st louis park was in the top four, my bad posting that. Anyways, is it actually legal to bring kids in from other schools to yours during a game? Doesnt sound right.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:00 am

Its a tournament, not sponsored by MALA. Bullrush is an independent tournament, if it were the city tournament or playoffs, there may be an issue. But this is different.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:02 am

WiscoLax wrote:
I have no idea who i heard from that said st louis park was in the top four, my bad posting that. Anyways, is it actually legal to bring kids in from other schools to yours during a game? Doesnt sound right.

nahh, that's just how the roll in mad-town.... affraid ooooooooooo inappropriate.

and i disagree with how you think taht this tournament is "different". it may not be hosted bythe MALA, but teams come into the tournament expecting that they will be taken seriously. if teams are randomly mixing players from other teams into their rosters, then that's changing how the tournament is being played. let me check the date real quick,,, it's not even june,,, this isnt summer league....

now i have no qualms with the teams involved but i do have a problem with this situation. had this been a regular season game against a conference opponent, do you think this team shuffle would have happened?

Last edited by bigpattyboy36 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:04 am

Still... recruiting a couple top players from the area during a close game like that, seems kind of... low. Got to understand how the jsville boys can be a little frustrated with that.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:07 am

Wow... there is no end with some of you. They didnt recruit... the three wanted to play, and Stoughton said they could come play. They wanted to play lacrosse.

I dont remember kids bickering like this when West had, Jack, Urso, me, Gundy and Showers playing for them in Badger State.
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:13 am

It's not a summer league tournament, you cant compare that... im just voicing my opinion on forums. Thats what you do. Anyways its a Season tournament and stoughton picks up middleton kids to play for them? Even if its legal,(shouldnt be..) its not right at all, ask yourself if you lost by two to a team that brought a couple of the areas best and they scored three goals, you wouldnt in the bit be a little frustrated with that?
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:29 am

I deff. agree with Wiscolax here.

We lost a game to St. Mary's who picked up a Uw-L, UW-RF, and Loyola players by 1 point.

Butters even reffed it, however, nothing means anything in the GLLL.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:30 am

I don't think its something to whine about, although I do think it makes the state look unofficial.

You would never see hockey or football teams in the state recruiting kids from other schools to play a few games with them, and to be honest, you really wouldn't see lacrosse teams doing this in more developed areas. This stuff was fine a few years ago, but if the state wants to get to the next level, stuff like this needs to stop happening in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:43 am

s1erra 7i2 wrote:
I deff. agree with Wiscolax here.

We lost a game to St. Mary's who picked up a Uw-L, UW-RF, and Loyola players by 1 point.

Butters even reffed it, however, nothing means anything in the GLLL.
Very true. I was actually pissed they did it, and told them not to. But ultimately there are no team or eligibility rules in GLLL so we had no power to say they couldnt.

And I agree with Jaron. It makes things look unofficial and bush league. I understand where the Middleton kids are coming from, I don't fault them for wanting to play. And Tony, this is far different than BSG. This is during varsity season. Those are post season tourneys. Stoughton did in fact cheat to win. Team rosters were required to be sent in pre-tourney. The fact that Stoughton had players not on that roster, could disqualify them from the tournament without refund. Stop trying to justify it. No matter how you slice it you didn't deserve to win that game.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:13 am

okay well if it were during the regular season it wouldn't have happened, we couldn't play in this tournament, so i threw my name out there just to see if i could play with anyone, stoughton was in my opinion nice enough to let me play.
Back to top Go down
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:39 am

Well then, be nice enough not to play any more games with them so they don't take any more heat. If they deserve to win any additional games, they can do it their own. It's not the rest of the league's problem that they can't get enough commitment from their own team to participate in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:02 am

But the thing is, we had the chance, we let them play. If anything it helped janesville. It fired up our defense and our attack.
Back to top Go down
LancerGK
Rookie
Rookie
LancerGK

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:34 am

In all honesty yesterday before our second game aginst Waunakee most players on are team (me included) really wanted to play a player who graduated two years ago, but our coach told us he wouldnt let that happen because you have to respect the game. Even though we got beat I am still happy that my coach made that decision, cause the players who did show up for us are clearly the more dedicated players and they earned there playing time. And by the way we played mostly jv kids that second game because half our starters left early so they could go get ready for prom that night, but ask any Waunakee player on here and I think they will agree that we still put up a good fight, and along the way had a ton of fun, at least for me that was the most fun i've ever had in a game.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:28 am

You had some hella nice saves in the first half. See you at noon jocolor
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:30 am

Verona beat Waunakee 10-7. Almost lost it in the 2nd half when it was tied up 6-6, but pulled it together in the last 10 or so minutes of the game.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:03 pm

that is sick, some game details ?
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:09 pm

I can't remember everything exactly, but I think we went into the half up 6-3. Waunakee put up three unanswered goals in the 2nd half to tie things up at 6. From there we won a faceoff and scored. They won a faceoff and scored so it was knotted at 7. And from there Verona won their faceoffs and pulled away. Ask some of the other Verona guys in here who were playing, they can probably tell it better than me.

I thought that our goalie (urm), Colton Warner, and Jesse Brown all played out of their minds today. Urm made some huge saves, and Colton and Jesse just didn't stop scoring.
Back to top Go down
Shsdefense#6
Rookie
Rookie
Shsdefense#6

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Ok even if you think u could have one just think we put are JV goalie in at the end of the first half and he let in 3 goals and we put are varsity goalie as an attackman so really we gave u guys a chance janesville lol but u just couldnt do it. Andto be honest Hummel didnt do anything after he got his 2 goals he sat on the mid field line and dragged tibbets up there with him and he didnt do anything so saying that he was a big contributor is a joke because he didnt try at all 2nd half he just made tibbets look like a fool. but i guess ur rightmy bad for going up to hummel and asking him to play in a U-19 tourny and sorry they didnt have a team, maybe they should have made it more specific but its not are fault u guys didnt do the same, and whos to say that the other out of state teams didnt use other player we wouldnt know... so just quit wineing janesville weve beat u everytime even without the middleton guys and dont say oh we werent on our game because like us you dont really have one!
Back to top Go down
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Any updates on any other games?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullrush Tournament   Bullrush Tournament - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullrush Tournament
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next