Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scores/Game Reports

Go down 
+33
JSummer
wiMiddie
timpone!
WausauLax49
WisconsinLax
drunkcuddler
DP LAX
BenGardner46
Neenahlax2
Kiel
ownerer
Jack
tdarcy
hooslax09
Ron Mexico
Delldorado
Butters
The Big Dipper
Jaron
Coach_Goldberg
Guru
Nate
SiouxLax
northshorelax37
DwinsChamps
foxmotox643
AHSlax92
St. Michael
Umich2KM
veronalax33
laxaholic
sirlaxalot
bigpattyboy36
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 am

Jaron wrote:
Although in their defense, they did have a lot of players suspended because of their new varsity status and Bonebrake (possibly best offensive player) and Packard (likely best long pole) were hurt.

Every time I stood in defense for my team last year everybody on here said I was making excuses. This is simply an excuse.

But, I was shocked when I saw on Laxpower that Middleton only won by a goal yesterday. Then to see the score this morning was insane!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 am

In my opinion if a team doesn't have depth, they aren't going to be a good team; they are just a team that has a few good players. As the sport is growing out here, teams need to be able to win with their 'best' players unable to play whether it be injury or something else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:50 am

After I graduated Verona in '05, I was sure Middleton was going to own state. Same way I was sure the Jazz would be unstoppable after Jordan's Bulls broke up.

Wtf is going on in Middleton?? You guys have loads of resources, history, and a solid youth program, unlike the vast majority of your competition. M'ton is a program that should RELOAD every year and dominate.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Middleton will still be one of the, if not the top team in state. We were trying new plays yesterday. We had 5 starters out, and they are all play makers. The one senior attackman that did play is still recovering from a leg injury so he wasn't 100% We had 3 guys that played in their first lacrosse game ever getting used to the game. Our chemistry isn't completely set. You can look over middleton if you want but i can guarantee that we will come back stronger. it might sound stupid but this loss for us was almost better than a win. It shows that we can lose and we cant come to teams with the mindset of an automatic win.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Nate wrote:
Jaron wrote:
Although in their defense, they did have a lot of players suspended because of their new varsity status and Bonebrake (possibly best offensive player) and Packard (likely best long pole) were hurt.

Every time I stood in defense for my team last year everybody on here said I was making excuses. This is simply an excuse.

But, I was shocked when I saw on Laxpower that Middleton only won by a goal yesterday. Then to see the score this morning was insane!

I'm not gonna sit here and let you tell me I'm making excuses for a team I have no affiliation with, at a school I didn't even graduate from. Sitting five starters is not an excuse, its like giving the other team a handicap.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Rule #76: No excuses play like a champion.

This doesn't mean Middleton's not a great team, but to blame the loss on players being out is an excuse no matter how you spin it. TBD is right, all this does is make teams potentially overlook Middleton, and that's bad for them. It's a long season, they'll have plenty of chances to prove their worth, and I expect this will help them in the long run realize they're not invincible. They'd still be my projection to be 1-2 in conference with Waunakee.
Back to top Go down
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman
Delldorado

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Wausau:8
Notre Dame:2
Back to top Go down
http://www.WausauLacrosse.com
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 am

Delldorado wrote:
Wausau:8
Notre Dame:2

could you give some details, like the flow of the game and yours and ND's better players like O and D wise.
Back to top Go down
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman
Delldorado

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:08 am

well by half wausau was up 6-0. scoring from i think 4 or 5 different players. going into the third quarter no one scored at all. In the last quarter Wausau scored two and Notre Dame answered with two as well. Ill let the game analysers tell the rest. I dont want to give out any false info cus honestly i dont remember much of the specifics and cant really pick out certain individual players
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Verona lost to West 5-4.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:14 am

middleton beat memorial 20-0.... chippy second half. they started playing cheap. Ambulance came for memorials goalie, hope he's alright.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:30 am

Way to rebound.
Back to top Go down
hooslax09
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 am

As league, we should have nothing but respect for memorial. They are extremely brave getting on the feild with their situation. The truth is, they are playing such an essential role for the growth of lax in the area by keeping it alive at memorial. No team should disrespect them on or off the field.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 am

hooslax09 wrote:
As league, we should have nothing but respect for memorial. They are extremely brave getting on the feild with their situation. The truth is, they are playing such an essential role for the growth of lax in the area by keeping it alive at memorial. No team should disrespect them on or off the field.

Was there a team disrespecting them ?
Back to top Go down
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman
Delldorado

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 am

Wausau 5
Regents 4

Regents led most of the game but Wausau tied it up in the 4th. In the last 2 min Wausau scored once more and Regents were unable to come up with another goal. Good close game guys. It was fun. Good luck to the rest of your season
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:03 pm

The Big Dipper wrote:
hooslax09 wrote:

he might be referring to the scoreboard and how long middleton's starters remained on the field?
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:16 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
The Big Dipper wrote:
hooslax09 wrote:

he might be referring to the scoreboard and how long middleton's starters remained on the field?

starters were out at half time.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Wausau Game (Wausau 5-Regents 4) (JV Regents 5-Wausau1)   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Wausau-Regents varsity game was a close, defensive battle. Kudos to both sides.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Sun Prairie 16? - Lafollete 0
Back to top Go down
hooslax09
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:32 am

With respect to the memorial comment, no accusations were being made. I simply wanted to make a point and compliment the qualities of memorial's team.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:35 am

Middleton - 6.....Verona - 5

Middleton was down 5-2 in the third quarter. Scored with 5 seconds left in the third. Then started getting hot in the 4th. Put the winning goal up with 2:45 left in the 4th.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:24 am

The Big Dipper wrote:
Middleton - 6.....Verona - 5

Middleton was down 5-2 in the third quarter. Scored with 5 seconds left in the third. Then started getting hot in the 4th. Put the winning goal up with 2:45 left in the 4th.

sounds like it would have been a great game to watch. i cant wait to get out to madison once finals are over with and watch a few of these games.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 am

That also make's it seem like Middleton is all over the place as far as a consistency...wiping the floor with some teams and then barely squeaking by what most(I think?) would call a for sure win.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 am

SiouxLax wrote:
That also make's it seem like Middleton is all over the place as far as a consistency...wiping the floor with some teams and then barely squeaking by what most(I think?) would call a for sure win.

Once we get into the flow of the game we cant be beat. So i would say we are actually pretty consistent. I mean we have won the last 7 games in a row.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 am

Well from what you said about that game you didn't get into the 'flow' of things until the 4th quarter. Consistent to me means a team is in the 'flow' from start to finish; not just the 4th quarter, let alone putting up the winning goal with less than 3 minutes left. Although winning is winning regardless of how much, losing to a team you should beat(assuming Verona is still a mediocre team) for almost the entire game isn't a consistent performance when you went ahead and destroyed a team by 20 goals earlier.

Not trying to argue at all with you here at all...I was just merely making an observation that Middleton's game performance seems to be all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scores/Game Reports   Scores/Game Reports - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scores/Game Reports
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next